C-7 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser

Price paid: C$ 1000

I play mostly heavy metal, but I do like to get my blues on and experiment with different things, and this guitar's pretty fun to do that with. I've been using this little Epiphone amp that I bought off a buddy for 10 bucks because my stack got stolen. I think it's from the 80's or something it's real Vintage looking/sounding. But seriously, this little amp is the nicest sounding little amp I've ever heard. Even though Epiphone = shit. I just use the stock distortion because I only have a DigiTech death metal, which is a good pedal but not if you don't have a noise gate. But the over all sound is pretty decent, but I think some dimarzio's would complete it. The mahogany sounds incredible though, I'll give it that.

Like I said before I'm into mostly metal, and this guitar is good for it, but the clean sound is just as fat as the dirty I think. But the pick ups need to go. I've been playing for 8 years and I hate to boast, but I think I'm ahead of the game. The actual owner of the guitar and I agreed we're going to sell it and buy a Jackson though hahah. To be completely honest though before experiencing this guitar, I was 100% anti-schecter, but this guitar made me think, maybe they do have a couple of good guitars, I mean if Jeff Loomis can play them they have to have some sort of quality. Overall, it's an extremely nice playing and decent sounding guitar.

This guitar seems like it could take a good beatin'. The hardwares pretty good, I'm just not sure of the Schecter locking tuners they seem like they'd crap out after a while. I'm not sure if I'd use it on stage without a back up to be honest, I have mixed feelings about it's durability. The finish however is amazing, no signs of wear or anything yet besides were the pick hits.

I've just been borrowing this guitar because I broke the saddle on my FR's G string on my Jackson RR24, but it's set up pretty nice. It has a low action and a pretty fast neck. I had to solder a few things due to the owner's neglect for the guitar, but after I had my way with it I got her screaming. If you were to buy this guitar brand new though, you'd be very pleased. There was nothing else wrong with it besides the pourly soldered input jack and potentiometers, but that's Schecter right?

Made in Korea, in 2008? Something like that. 24 frets with a fat 26.5" scale, jumbo frets I believe. They don't feel too big. Rosewood fingerboard, with some crazy abalone inlays. It's got a mahogany neck and body, with a pretty sexy white finish. She has a tonepro's TOM string through bridge, giving it some pretty good tuning stability. "Black chrome" hardware, and Schecter locking tuners. EMG 707's which sound alright. I think they need work, they don't sound like EMG's should sound. Not as quiet either. It's got that coil tap on both pick ups which is pretty cool I guess, I don't use it really but it's a feature worth having. 2 volumes and a tone, 3 way pick up selector. It's got a pretty decent over all set up, but I think the one with the floyd would be more fun to have. I'm an FR kinda guy.

rob904
    clearly doesn't keep his bridge calibrated
    hendrixism
    Anyone interested in getting this guitar should not spend anywhere near as much as the people who have reviewed it payed. I got mine for $550 off ebay with the hardshell case included, don't get me wrong, it's an awesome guitar but you can get it for a lot less than $1000 easy.
    hardrocker64
    me too! so i bought another one without the floyd!
    btbamaddict
    Dark Riff wrote: hey, im probally gonna buy a 7 string soon. whats the best, out of these schecters? 1. this one(hellraiser c-7), 2. blackjack c-7, 3. or a blackjack c-7 ATX?
    c-7 atx def. i have the 8 string version and i love the sound of the black outs wayy more than the emgs.
    laklok
    My dream 7string is the Jeff Loomis signature model. As soon as I picked it up I needed a new pair of pants.
    Im_Broken
    Dexter_prog wrote: Floyd rose-equipped guitars are meant for one tuning. If you constantly change tunings and picked up a floyd rose guitar, you made the wrong call. Either get more guitars or stick to fixed bridge. Floyd rose is useless during 80-90% of songs generally and you will never use a floyd rose guitar for tracking when the FR is not used as when you palm mute on a FR you go slightly out of tune (because of the pressure of the palm)
    incorrect. you dont go out of tune, unless you're pounding the hell outta that bridge with your hand. since you palm mute on the saddles, which are in line with the things that hold it in place, there is no leverage. so its just sitting there. its actually ideal for palm muting. but so is a TOM
    maximumrocker
    shredder3386 wrote: the first thing I did with mine was learn "a change of seasons"
    same here dude!
    Kenjisan231
    bustapr wrote: xophrax wrote: fatass665 wrote: Floyds are just a bitch to tune because I a have a c-1 hellraiser They take 5 minutes TOPS to tune, just loosen the nut, adjust the fine tuners to 0, tune using the grovers, lock the nut, and your in tune.. Then if it ever tweaks outta tune, use the fine tuners, they go just as much up as down, i do this once or twice a month... this guy doesn't know what he's talking about Oh, you forgot to mention that the if the bridge tilts when your tuning it, you have to unscrew the plate adjust the springs and tune again... also forgot to mention how many times you have to tune the guitar to have it in tune. J.J.G. wrote: AXE187 wrote: I have a 6 string hell raiser. F'ing love it. My only complaint is that I was too stupid to get the floyd rose edition. join the club :p im in lol. but I really cant complain at all since I got my hellraiser v1 fr at clearance for $500...
    You can block the floating bridge, in other words, dive bomb the flloyd rose and stick some piece of wood under the bridge so it cant naturally reset itself. It works to a certain degree if you want to change tunings alot, but like many are saying its really a one tuning guitar. I like what flloyd roses do, but I change tunings so much its just not for me. Ill likely get one in the future, but I will use it in tandum with my other guitars
    kramer242
    if you are serious you have quite a bit to learn about guitar, if you even play one. next time probably better to google a question like that. as for the guitar...i messed with them a bit but i will stick to my blackjack atx c-7...in my opinion it is a much better all around guitar.
    padgea7x wrote: are seven strings like good for metal i may get a seven stringer in a few months.....or a few years lol and would a schecter be the best seven string to get?
    shredder3386
    I've got the same guitar but with the floyd...this guitar is awesome, the neck really promotes shredding and there isnt much problem with fret access...the tone pots pop on mine to give a single coil sound...not sure if this one does or not but either way a solid guitar...the first thing I did with mine was learn "a change of seasons"
    JezusLP
    I just.... I just don't like the fat look of the neck with those 7 strings on it :/ my humble opinion
    I agree with that, dude :/
    iceh88
    just got one of these about a month ago and i cant put it down
    GidBass
    TheEchomaker
    bustapr wrote: Kortez3000 wrote: Not as good as the Heavenraiser. ...well that was a retarted attempt at humor
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    espplayer400
    MRoby wrote: Duncans, Lundgrens, DiMarzios, Bareknuckles> EMG's.
    Well now.... Thats a bit unfair, isnt it? As much as i agree,some people wouldnt want to pay around 200 dollars for a Lundgren M7.. But for the most part, yes.
    bustapr
    Kortez3000 wrote: Not as good as the Heavenraiser.
    ...well that was a retarted attempt at humor
    a_hub10
    stumble_pavor wrote: The schecter C7 blackjack is were its at, All the features of the above except that it has a solid basswood boldy so is lighter but still it has PRESENCE! Also has the coil tap so even more versatility. By far the BEST guitar Ive ever played for 699, everyone should have one
    blackjacks have a mahogany body.
    stumble_pavor
    Dexter_prog
    bustapr
    451F
    I really wish guitar stores stocked seven strings. At least around here they don't. Anyway, I've never owned a Schecter but several of my friends have given theirs excellent reviews. I'm most likely going to buy either this one or a C-7 ATX for my next guitar. It just depends on which one I can afford at the time.