C-7 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: Music123

Now I'm using a Line6 Spider III 75w and it sounds awesome, I also tried this guitar with a Peavey 6505+ and It gives tons and tons of fat and heavy tones, just what I was looking for... I play mainly metal, but with this guitar you can play from country to death metal.

As I said before, I play metal and it suits great for this style, but with the splits you can have a single coil and play blues or country without any problem. I've been playing for about 3year and I own also a LTD KH-602 and a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMG's 81/85. If the were stole I would buy another one right away. The only thing that I wish to change about the guitar is the fretboard, I really like ebony fingerboard, but rosewood is good enough.

This guitar was made and biult to be played live, just look at Jeff Loomis, He used for a long time a Hellraiser C7 with HardTail and it rocks. The hardware will last forever, it comes just with the best hardware on sale, original floyd rose, mini grover tuners 18:1, etc... The straps are great, but I changed them for Ernie Ball straplocks.

The guitar was flawless from the factory, even was tuned perfectly, ready to play. The pickups are set to match low action on the strings, really perfect for my playing style. The guitar comes ready to use, it doesn't need to be tuned or something, the action was really low, the gloss black finish shines, and it fits really good for any guitar player. The transition from 6 string it wasn't that hard, I just needed a day.

* Construction: Set-neck with Ultra Access * Scale: 26.5" * Tuning: B-E-A-D-G-B-E * Body: Mahogany * Top: Quilted maple * Neck: 3-piece mahogany * Fingerboard: Rosewood * Frets: 24 extra-jumbo * Inlays: Gothic cross * Pickups: EMG Active 707-TW * Electronics: 2 Vol with push/pull coil-splitting/Tone/3-Way Toggle Switch * Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo * Binding: Abalone * Tuners: Grover * Hardware: Black Chrome The only thing was te price, but when you buy an instrument in my country it becomes waaay more expensive than in the USA. I'm from Chile by the way.

Asthia
    SynergyZero
    Asthia : I got this for $1,899 AUD, love it to pieces. Incredible build quality, sound and versatility.
    That's a rip off. you can get it for $1200-$1500 in Australia. Even better, buy it off ebay and get it for under $1000.
    GuitarOverture
    I'm interested in getting a 7-string guitar, but i don't know if i should get the Ibanez S7230, or the Ibanez RG1527, or the schecter hellraiser c-7 Can anybody help me?
    Aziraphale
    I think rating a guitar from 1-10 is hard enough, when the prices can differ from $100 to several grand. Moreover personal preferences can differ a lot, as some like high action and small frets, some hate SS frets, some complain about 22 frets instead of 24 etc. I have a C-7 Hellraiser and just bought another one with a Floyd this time, which I tend to make my main live guitar. These guitars ARE incredibly well-built, consistent, with great playability and stock features that are very good (regardless of whether or not you like EMG's or Floyd's, they're the top of the line for people who appreciate active pickups and floating trems). I've owned several nice PRS's, Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez Prestiges, Ernie Balls, Warmoths and played Suhr, Parker, Anderson, Tylers etc. and I do think the Hellraiser is on par with these. I'd have no problems giving it 10/10. I'll yank out the pickups in favour of Lollars and I might do a PLEK setup, but the raw material and build of these ARE great. And that's being objective.