C-7 Hellraiser FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-7 Hellraiser FR

Purchased from: GAK

I play lots of different styles, mostly Death Metal, Djent, Melodic Metal and Industrial and I can safely say, out of all the guitars I've played, the Schecter is the best I've heard, the pickups are crystal clear and the mahogany gives the guitar an extra depth. I've played it through 3 different amps, a Blackstar HT-5, a Crate FW120 and a Peavey Solo 85 and the guitar makes EVERY amp sound great. The Peavey is only a tiny amp which normally sounds bad, but with the Schecter, it doesn't. The EMG's were a great choice of guitar and sound wise, Schecter (up until about 1200) beats Ibanez by a long way. However, one of the greatest sound features that this guitar has, is a coil split, so if you want to play a song with single coil pickups, you just lift one of the tone knobs. It is a really handy feature, but it's not like the single coil sound is bad at all, it's actually the best single coil sound I've heard from a lot of other guitars.

As a metal player, this guitar is all I really need, it's incredibly versatile guitar with the greatest pickups I've ever used. I also own a B.C. Rich KKV but that's nowhere near the Schecter. I love my guitar a lot, and I have played an Ibanez for around the same price, and I prefer this guitar. If it was stolen, I'd find the person that stole him and kill him. But seriously, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I love the feel and the finish on the guitar, it feels very classy and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I've only had this guitar for 1 month so am probably not the best for this, but it hasn't broke yet and the strap buttons are solid. I feel like I'm able to rely on my guitar and am using it at a gig soon.

The factory set-up was just how I like my guitars so I didn't have to mess about with the action. The strings that came with the guitar were amazing, the only issue is you can't down-tune lower than drop Ab, but that's probably because I'm used to thicker strings. The neck is where most people have the problem, they don't like the thickness, but I really like it, it lets you know you're holding a guitar. Schecter are currently having a hit or miss problem with the quality control but my guitar hasn't got any flaws at all, it's one of the finest things I've ever owned.

- Made In South Korea in 2011 - 24 Frets - 26.5 Scale - 3 Piece Mahogany Neck (Set Neck with Ultra Access) - Mahogany Body - Rosewood Fingerboard - Gloss Black Finish - EMG 707TW pickups - Floyd Rose 1000 series. I also got a case, a strap, a cable, some Allan keys and a tuner.

shredder3386
    Got mine on a whim and it turned out to be the most reliable guitar I own. I have had no problems with it, and I rarely have to fine-tune it, even if I dont play it for a month or more. This guitar kicks serious ass. The only thing Im not totally sold on is the pikcups, because I tend to favour passives more than actives. I might change the EMGs out for a Crunchlab/Liquifire eventually but Im in no rush. This guitar is great all on its own.