Damien-6 review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Schecter: Damien-6

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I love the way this guitar sounds clean, but that is not it's best use. Metal and rock are definitely where the Damien 6 shines (if you need those real deep notes go for the Damien 7). From rythm chords to face-melting solos this guitar can give you the sound you need. I don't use the neck pickup as much as I do the bridge, but this will work for backup guitarists and leads alike. Harmonics sound great and are fairly easy to warp out of the guitar. What I really like about the sound in general is the the due to the body of the guitar. It's not too solid like Les Paul let's say, nor is it too bright like an Ibanez. The body really gives this guitar a distinct tone and great sound.

I play thrash metal, heavy metal, nu-metal, and a little metalcore and I have to say I got the right guitar. There a a few Schecter Damiens and you can pick between the 6 (strings), 7 (strings), and FR (whammy bar). I was hotly debating whether to get the FR or not, but it was $50 more and, frankly, I didn't have the money or else I would have got it. Nevertheless I love my Damien 6 and do not regret buying it at all. I absolutely love the tone, the inlays, and the overall feel of the guitar, it is really comfortable to hold/carry around by strap. It is definitely not too heavy (but not too light). This guitar would probably not be welcome on a blues stage, or classic rock, or other less metal-ly arenas due to its bat inlays and just darkness, but I love it. If this were stolen I would probably get the Damien FR, but I would definitely stay with Schecter. Great guitar period. Well made. Rock on.

Other than the aforementioned problem (scratches) this guitar is fairly durable. Not superb though. I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy a new guitar within the next 2 or 3 years at the latest. The Damien 6 will probably wear out within that time period. For live gigs this is definitely a good guitar as long as it is taken care of. Pretty reliable for the sound, tone, pickups, etc. it's the durability of this guitar that is the downside.

Everything was absolutely perfect when I recieved my guitar. Heck, the strings were even tuned (fortunately the strings didn't snap during the shipment! ). The way my guitar was packed (from the Schecter HQ) there was no way this was going to get damaged during the journey to my house. The finish on the Damien 6 is okay. I would like a Damien 6 with a glossier Shine (like it often appears online). I scratched my guitar the first day I got it with my belt buckle (bummer). You have to be really careful not to scrape it up if you want to keep it ship-shape.

Satin Black finish, 25.5" scale, solid body, basswood, rosewood fretboard, bolt-joint, Grover tuners, EMGhz H4 bridge pickup (humbucker), EMG HZ neck pickup (humbucker), 24 frets, 2 controls: volume and tone, and bat inlays on fretboard. Pretty good features for the price. I find that the Grover tuners aren't the best in the world. I also wish there were two tone controls, but overall great features. I also really like the EMG pickups--give very nice sounds that dig into the the notes.

RyD3R aka. Mark
    Hey everyone, i got a damien 6 yesterday and its awsome, i recomend schecter to evryone. i love the inlay in the neck, its a really easy guitar to play. the only thing i didnt like about it was the 'made in korea' sticker on the back, which i proptly removed i havent had a chance to put any distortion on it yet because my dad has a jazz amp which has c**p Distortion effects mwhich would be expected from a jazz amp. but im going back home tomorow and by then i will have the Zoom G2.1u which is the pedal im getting, so ill be able to see just how awsome this is in heavymetal and stuff tomorow. so yea i HIGHLY RECOMEND TO ALL !Peace Out, Rock on!
    luke9481
    This guitar is awesome. I play in a variety of tunings from Trivium (E) to Slipknot (B) and this guitar sounds great for all. Glad I didn't get the FR cause they are a pain in the ass to set up. EMG's sound great. I would definately buy another.
    deathchord19
    I cant wait i finally ordereed this guitar after finally gettin a job(carhoppin at sonic it suxed) and savin enough money,im lookin forward to it from what ive heard this is a great guitar and should be worth more,i was thinkin of gettin the damien 7 instead but it had the Floyd Rose and i heard it was a pain and ill admit im practically a newb guitartist looking forward to this guitar though.One question wats the differece between active and passive pick ups?
    violent.j.11
    Whoa that is wierd. I made this review exactly one year after the other guy did his. Eerie.
    Iron X Maiden
    =) That is kinda weird I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I have never had a guitar with a wammy bar, let alone FR. What would I use it for (is it mostly just soloing?), and do you think it is worth $50 more than the regular Damien. Would I use it often? If it matters, I play mostly Iron Maiden and Avenged Sevenfold. Thanks for any help.
    gotthelife
    when you use a wammy is totally up to you, but if you want to see a tremolo in full force, check out some pantera dvds
    MIK4YC
    HAS ANYONE USED A DEMON 6????? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ITS GOOD OR NOT!!!! THANKS!
    Tedward
    I played this at the store with a krank amp. It sounded great, omg this is my next guitar. gonna have to wait about a year though The flat black suits it perfect, although i like the cherry colour better.
    curlykid666
    active pickups have a more powerful and directed sound (little buzz), they also run of 9v batteries