Damien-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-6

Purchased from: Guitar World

I usually play heavy metal, and this guitar suits my tastes well, with the dual humbuckers and the 24 X-Jumbo frets for easier access. The string-thru design creates longer sustain and the basswood body is light enough to wear standing up for an entire set without having to take it off for a rest. I'm currently running it through my Boss GT-8 multi effects and Roland Cube 60, which sounds great, and the GT-8 gives me a lot of versatility with the sound. The bridge pickup is hardly noisy at all, but the neck humbucker can give off quite a lot of noise when your playing with high gain. The guitar can a great amount of sounds, from Opeth to Behemoth and everything in between.

I mainly play heavy metal and this guitar is perfect for it, with its humbuckers, and awesome bat inlays which cast an evil aura over your playing. I have been playing for 4 years now, and own a Roland Cube 60, Ibanez RG2550E, and a Boss GT-8 multi-effects. There is nothing that I can find that is bad about this guitar, although maybe giving more choice of colors or upgrading the pickups to active EMGs would be the only things I would change. If I lost it or it was stolen, I would probably replace it or save the extra money and get the C-1 Hellraiser. I love the inlays on this guitar, and the smooth finish, it makes it a great instrument to play. I looked for many guitars when I was looking as I wanted a guitar with a fixed bridge, and had a string thru design. When I found this and it had bat inlay as well I was sold. Overall a very solid and well built guitar aimed at the heavier spectrum of music.

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing, as it is built very solidly and the finish is strong enough to withstand quite a beating. The hardware seems like it will last, as it is all fairly solid and durable. The strap buttons are solid and I am yet to experience any problems with them, though I will probably replace them with strap locks to protect it even further. I will definitely use this at a gig, and I would probably not need a backup, though I have other guitars just in case anyway. The finish is great, it is very durable and has not scratched or rubbed off anywhere, and I doubt you could really damage it unless you were actually trying.

The guitar came mostly in tune, which was surprising as it came all the way from America to Australia, and I did not need to adjust the action at all, as it was fairly low already. The bridge was properly attached and the pickups were adjusted fine, and there were no flaws at all in the construction of the guitar that I could find.

This guitar was made in 2006 by Schecter guitars, in South Korea. It has 24 X-Jumbo frets, and has a maple/rosewood neck, with black pearl bat inlays. The neck is maple and the body is made of basswood, which is light and provides decent sustain. it's finish is Satin black, which suits the guitar perfectly, but it's a shame that it only comes in black, some other colors would have been nice to see. It is shaped like a Standard Strat but still has nice contours and curves that make it seems somewhat unique. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic, with a string-thru design for better sustain. It has a 3-way pickup selector, 1 tone and 1 volume controls. The pickups are in HB-HB setup and are passive EMGs. Tuners are Grover, and are black to match the guitars finish. The accessories that were included were a set of allen keys for every socket and hole on the guitar for easy maintenance, as well as the usual certification of authenticity etc.

thrasher__
    i'm getting one either tomorrow or some day next week =) depends on how i work. But i can tell everyone that if you want a guitar that doesn't cost as much as a ****ing car or some shit like that. THIS IS THE ONE YOU'RE GOING TO BUY! No doubt in my mind! Great guitar, and kinda cheap too.. A pair of active EMG's should make it a killer axe!
    new2castle
    bought one about 2 years ago still have it.my main guitar. will always be. wouldn't sell it for my life.has killer tone,killer pick-ups(hz series). satin-finish. string-thru. grover tuners. wouldn't be able to live without it
    joshgiesbrecht
    My friend has this guitar. He payed about quarter the price that mine is worth (Schecter C-1 Silvertop, $700) And to be honest.. I think I like his more. THe sound is nice.. It's got killer chug.. And it's fun to play... Neck could be faster, and I'm not the hugest fan of the bat inlays. But the rest is just a beauty!
    Ridddle
    what's the neck like on this?? Is it really thin like a Wizard neck or does it feel like a tree trunk like a gibson?? Cheers
    violent.j.11
    The neck isn't SUPER thin, but it is fairly skinny. Definitely not as fat as a Gibson, but I'd say it's more comparable to an Ibanez.