Damien-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-6

This guitar was built to play metal, which it does very well. Though I don't know much about the EMG passive pickups, because I put in the 81/85 active set as soon as I got it, but they produced decent tone for your low end throaty sounds. I decided to switch to the actives because I've always been a fan of active pickups and needed the extra quality they give you. I play through a Line 6 Spider III which give me everything that I need. The tone has a large range, from a high scream, to a more beefy sound.

Over all I really, really enjoy this guitar. Especially for the price, I don't think it can be beat. I have been playing guitar now for almost 7 years and have played many different guitars, and for this price this is a quality instrument. If it were lost or stolen, I would consider buying another one, if not this exact instrument I would buy another Schecter. When looking to buy this guitar, I was also looking at an ESP EX series, and decided that this would better suit my needs. Overall I think there are better guitars out there, but for the price the quality is over average. Somewhere down the line after college I will most likely up grade to something more violent, such as an ESP DJ-600 but until that time comes this I will continue to shred this bat out of hell.

This guitar is very solid, and would, and had survived Live play. Though, as I did, I would suggest strap locks, but that is Standard with almost any guitar. The hardware is also solid and has yet to cause me any problems at all, I have had this guitar for over a year now and all has been fine. My only complaint is that the flat finish doesn't get scratched very easily, but marks can be left on it very easily. You can't really tell aside from when looking closely, but things like that tend to bother me. Also in spots when your skin makes contact with the guitar the flat black seems to smooth out, giving that part of the body more Shine, and seem less flat in color.

The guitar was set up just fine. My only complaint is that the action seems to be a bit high, and when you lower the action you tend to get some fret buzz. The only way I have been able to achieve my lower action is to go with a thick gauge low end string, personally I use Ernie Ball Heavy Bottom Skinny Top. The finish on the body was perfect when purchased and everything was in sorts.

I recently purchase this guitar. It is a 2007 Schecter Damien 6. This guitar consists of a basswood body with a maple/rosewood bolt on neck, 24XJ frets with 2 EMG passive pickups and a tone, volume, and three way switch. The tuners are of course grover, all black hardware and a satin black finish, topping it all off with pearl black bat inlays. The look of the guitar is exactly what I was looking for. For a Strat style body it looks much more agressive than your Standard Strat. I have a custom Fender Strat that is also flat black minus the bat inlays, they are very similar, though this is what I like, so why fix what's not broken right? Anyway I bought this guitar because for playing metal, my Fender just left something more to be desired.