Damien-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-6

Purchased from: Private seller

For playing rock/metal, this guitar is extremely good. The EMG humbuckers pack a good punch with a good amount of gain. The TOM bridge also helps with sustain, and overall the sound produced is very good. Pinch harmonics scream on this guitar, but it is also versatile as the guitar works well under clean too.

I play everything from blues, rock, metal to punk and this guitar suits all these play styles. I have been playing for 5 years and this guitar in terms of value has been the best I've owned, when compared with my Jacksons or Fender. I compared this guitar to many within the price range, and the fact it comes with EMG humbuckers grover tuners and awesome looks puts it heads and shoulders above the competition, which usually use budget own pickups and poor quality hardware. I wish the body was mahogany instead of basswood, but then the price would be considerably higher, so I can live without that. Overall excellent guitar, one of the very best within it's price range.

This guitar will withstand live playing and the hardware has yet to fail me once. The strap buttons are decent but I would advise investing in strap locks for peace of mind. I would never gig without a backup no matter which guitar I am using, however I am confident this guitar is dependable enough to gig without a backup.

Set up was flawless and perfect, with the pickups being well adjusted, no fret buzz, and I even received the guitar in tune. I have changed the stock strings but that is down to personal taste. Quality wise it is what we've come to expect from Shecter, extremely well made and set up perfectly.

Picked this guitar up after tracking one down within the UK. Feature wise, 24 jumbo frets, basswood body, awesome Satin black finish, pearl bat inlays, EMG hz pickups, tone/volume switch, 3 way selector, rosewood fingerboard with maple neck, TOM bride /thru body, and grover tuners. For the low price this is a great feature list.

EdguyRule_22
    cameronol wrote: is this better than the bc rich Warlock Metal Master?
    F*** YES! I have the metal master - worst decision I ever made. I am waiting for my Damien 6 to arrive from America, so I haven't compared. BUT, I hate the metal master and it has put me off BC Rich for good.
    EdguyRule_22
    GoatBizzle wrote: oh yea and DO NOT get a trem, too much work and not easy to tune
    Easy to tune, just cross tune. If you know what you're doing they can be great.