Damien-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-6

Purchased from: Bert Murdock Music

This guitar suits my musical style perfectly. I play Power Metal. This guitar beats almost every other guitar I've ever played. I mostly use my Kustom PA system connected to my DigiTech RP90 effects pedal for the best sound. This guitar can produce very rich sounds when used properly. Great for metal, but I doubt it would work very well for anything else.

Power Metal - This guitar is the perfect match for just about any guitarist. It produces great leads as well as really rough and "Brutal" sounds, for any of you death metal fans out there. I have been playing for 3-4 years now, and I own two other guitars, PA system, Marshall Half-stack, and other various instruments. If stolen or lost, this guitar would be my first choice for a replacement. I love everything, hate nothing. Favorite feature is probably the very convenient selector switch. Choosing this over my considerably more expensive Gibson SG, this wins out 100% of the time.

The ONLY problem I have with this guitar is that if you don't clean the selector Switch often, dust begins to build up and it cuts the sound when you change from pickup to pickup. Easy to fix though, basic maintenance. Strap buttons are perfect, hardware has lasted for over two years so far while taking a heavy beating, and it shows no signs of going out any time soon. I would use this guitar for any gig without a backup any day. The finish is barely starting to gloss over where I rest my palm while picking. Other than that, it's just as new as when I got it.

The action is perfect. The pickups are perfect. The guitar is very well constructed, all the way from the tuning pegs to the bridge. There wasn't a single flaw in the guitar, and other than basic wear and tear, this guitar is as good as when I originally got it. Like I said before, nothing came loose, the pickup selector is great, all the controls are nice and snug, and nothing is misaligned/rusted. Tuning pegs work perfectly, electronics work perfectly.

Where was is made? The guitar was made in South Korea. -How many frets? There are 24 X-Jumbo frets that are inlaid into a rosewood fretboard on a maple neck. This is all connected into the Basswood body of the guitar, which makes a Killer combination, it would seem. -Finish is black Satin. Looks great. -Bridge style is a string through bridge style. Holds very tight. -Volume/Tone controls, as well as a 3-way switch. -Pickups are EMG H4/H4A pickups (EMG HZ's). They're passive pickups, but work just as well or better than any active pickups I've ever used before. -Tuners work like a dream. They hold tight are always easy to adjust, and never have needed any tweaking/adjusting.

actionsizzle83
    Why does everyone talk about this guitars tone when playing it through a digital processor? Everything sounds the same through any digital effect, I own this geet and have played it thru my line 6 combo and it sounds great but when I plug it into my mesa triple rec it sounds like total crap. U can't reference tone unless you are playing through a tube amp. It plays great and looks killer for a metal guitarist but those pickups are just flat and toneless. Emg should stick to what they no best and just make actives. This thing would probably wail if u threw in some duncans or actives but stock its doodoo.