Damien-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-6

Purchased from: pawn shop

well, I play a bit of everything (I hate when people say that) but I've played with a lot of different groups when I've needed money. My main writing still is a mix of different forms of modern rock and it fits them all, going from Breaking Benjamin to Chevelle to Escape The Fate style music to All Time Low and Killswitch Engage. i have used it with a Peavey Bandit 112 with a soom G2 mfx pedal going in, with a Peavey Vypyr 75 (current amp) and with a Mesa Stilleto head and cab. it killed with all these amps for different styles. I've had friends borrow this guitar for blues rock, gospel, country, metalcore, thrash metal and I've used it with a church band a few times. Clean sounds are bright and clear on the Bridge pickup. Great for barre chords and clean rhythm tones. Due to the scale, you can coax a little snap out of the Bridge pickup that I've used to play country and Indie rock with good results. Neck pickup has some solid cleans that are great when you just want a bit of a deeper sound for certain rhythms and clean leads. When using distortion, the Bridge pickup has given me perfect, tight Metallica style rhythm tones to bright Indie rock distortion for barre chords and single note lines for metal and newer rock. The neck pickup is a little too muddy with distortion to be able to use it as a constant rhythm tone though. It does great for leads in the high end though, and I have no problems with having articulation while doing techniques like sweep picking. Still gives great high end clarity during solos. I haven't found much use for using both pickups together, and there are certain styles it could do better, while it excels at distorted rhythm tones, I feel. 7 1/2

like is said, i mostly play different styles of rock and metal (thrash, metalcore, hard rock, alternative, indie, etc.) it is a great fit and I've been ale to easily handle all these styles with my Schecter. I've been playing over 5 years and own/ have owned an Epiphone G400 custom, Ibanez Stagestar, Gibson Faded Flying V, and a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. This one is going to stick around the longest I think. Its become a part of me and always inspires me to play. Its pretty much an extension of me when i pick it up. Favorite feature is definitely the neck. Its absolutely perfect for my hands. I hate that the cheap volume and tone knobs keep coming lose with the input jack though. I do plan to possibly pick up a Schecter Damien Elite FR sometime soon just because I love it so much and I think with the active EMGs and the Floyd Rose on it would make it a metal machine. SO glad I bought this guitar and would never consider selling or trading it. I hope it stays around for many years to come :)

here are the drawbacks. The finish is somewhat thin I think. I was changing strings and it the string slipped and the tip scratched the finish with a small silverish line. Haven't had any big chips or cracks in the paint or anything though. Also, the volume and tone knobs are bad about loosening up, which are a quick fix. Also, I've had the nut on the input jack completely come off before when I unplugged the guitar sometimes. This is where it kind of looses points, but I haven't had any problems with any of the other hardware and I don't see any coming up in the near future.

I bought the guitar used. Obviously someone took care of it because the action and intonation where spot on. Have had to basic maintenance on it over the years due to rapidly changing weather and some of the extreme seasons we have here in Tennessee. So as far as when I recieved the guitar, I would have to say an 8 (because I hate people who put all tens haha).

Mine is a 2006 Korean made Schecter. I've had the guitar about 3 years now and its still my number one. 24 fret rosewood fretboard with a bolt on maple neck. 25.5" scale if i remember correctly. it is a flat black satin finish on a basswood body. Supertrat styling. it is the non floyd version of the guitar. Grover tuners I believe. My pickups say EMG HZ on the covers. I bought it from the local pawnshop with a black basic Coffin Case and a Levy's strap for about $350 total. The neck to me is thin (closer to LTD than an Ibanez) and still pretty wide. The overall quality and features are really nice for a guitar I've gotten so cheap. I've had it three years so no longer in the honeymoon phase. I still give it a solid 8.

NHECOS
    Man, I tried this axe in my local music store, and I simply LOVED IT... could'nt believe it was so cheap. Great guitar for the price.
    Sakke
    actionsizzle83 wrote: Why does everyone talk about this guitars tone when playing it through a digital processor? Everything sounds the same through any digital effect, I own this geet and have played it thru my line 6 combo and it sounds great but when I plug it into my mesa triple rec it sounds like total crap. U can't reference tone unless you are playing through a tube amp. It plays great and looks killer for a metal guitarist but those pickups are just flat and toneless. Emg should stick to what they no best and just make actives. This thing would probably wail if u threw in some duncans or actives but stock its doodoo.
    One guy there said he plugged it in to a Krank and thought it sounded great. I'm not going to argue with him, but you said that putting it through a mesa triple rec it sounds crap? I don't really believe that it would sound crap. But guitar like that wouldn't do any justice to an amp like Mesa triple rec, Krank revolution, Diezels.. any other really high end amplifier.
    batinlays
    i have "nicer" guitars than this one, but i dont love any of them as much, i swaped the bridge pick up to a d activator and its truely my favorite out of all my guitars,
    ProgJazzMath
    Wait... so it sounds good through your shitty Line 6 combo, but really bad through your Mesa? I'm pretty sure you just need to learn how to dial in tone because obviously you are used to just pressing the "metal" or "insane" buttons on your L6.
    Im_Broken
    you clearly can reference tone through a solid state. Modeling amps can be misleading, but saying tubes are all revealing is a bit far off the truth.
    blakeT
    I own this guitar. I'm in a gigging band, and have several guitars. I actually took the HZs out and put them in my Gibson SG, and put Dimarzios in the Damien. It's a beast. If you are going for a drop tuned kinda thing, it will really do the job, and it comes with perfect actions. The only problem I had was determining which songs to use it for, haha. It sounds good with everything.