Damien-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-7

Purchased from: World of Music

The sound delivered by the EMG's is really good. Especially when playing with distortion it has a really deep, dark sound. Obviously one of the main reasons for buying this guitar is the 7th string, the B-string. This gives a really awesome low sound, allmost basslike, but then with lots of ditstotion (especially you tune it A# wich I do most of the time). The clean sounds it produces are allright, but nothing special. It's good for rock as well, since it can deliver a great crunchy sound, but its best for playing metal. I usually play all kinds of death and trash metal, like Arch Enemy and Nevermore but also heavy metal like Metallica and Pantera. I play it usually on my Line 6 Spider II 30 watt, wich makes is sounds really good. But when I connected it to the Engl Fireball of a friend of mine, that was awesome.

This is really a great metal-guitar. It's so durable, it feels like you can do anything with it. When playing metal the B-string is just absolutely awesome. One thing though: it really takes some time to get used to the extended neck scale (26.5" instead of 25.5") but it's worth the effort.

I've been playing this guitar for some months now, and even though I'm not always really carefull with my guitars sometimes, the guitar is still exactly in the same condition as I bought it. It is a really solid guitar, it has a solid bridge and nut I think I'll be able to use it for many years to come. Only the cable entrance on the guitar was a bit loose after a couple of weeks of playing, but that problem was fixed sonn enough with a screwdriver and it hasnt been a problem now for a long time. I'd say its absolutely fit for live playing. Its just a very sturdy, durable guitar.

When I got it it was in a good state, only the finish had a little flaw at the edge of the body, but nothing too bad. The pickups were a little bit too low and the strings on the guitar looked a little worn.

It's a 7-string guitar which was made in Korea in 2005. It has a basswood body with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, with 24 XJ frets and a neck scale of 26.5" with string-thru body. It has passive EMG HZ-7 pickup, comparable to the HZ (H4A) pickups for 6 strings. It has volume and tone-controle and a 3-way pickup switch. The finish is black satin and it has black pearl bat inlays.

ZC3rr0r
    I love the 6 string varaint of this guitar. I am a guitar tech for 2 metalcore bands, and one of the guitarists plays a Schecter Damien 6. I am telling you, that guitar is worth it's weight in gold from a reliability perspective. Had al sorts of wear and tear in the Ibanezes the other band members use, icluding straplocks falling out, pickups going dead, bridge spring that wear down, but the Schecter has so far remained free of errors. Not even a broken string live (though I replace them every two shows, as the guitarist prefers new strings). I recently ordered this baby, because if they are anything like their 6 string brother, this guitar will last with me the rest of my life, not to mention that it sounds really good even though it has EMG Hzs (not my favorite) and the neck reminds me of Jackson somehow. I like neck thickness to be in between Ibanez style shred and Fender style huge.
    Phil_N
    i paid 470 euro for it (it was a special offer, the original price was 570 euro)it should say so in the review... guess they changed the data i submitted...
    ZC3rr0r
    And of course I'll post a review when I've had the time to sit down with it a couple of days.
    misterguitar13
    quote]whit3_guitarist wrote: avenged uses them good enough for me[/quote] i didn't know avenged played them....well,like someone said before,thats definately good enough for me![
    Nightfyre
    wow, i tried one of these out at guitar center (and a gryphon), and schecter is the shit! once i have enough money i'm gonna get either this or the gryphon, probably this. thank god there's a company out there who makes awesome guitars for people on low budgets
    SirToasty
    I think this is going to be my next guitar. I wanted a cheaper 7-string, and there isn't much else besides this and an Ibanez. And I don't like Ibanez all that much. I have heard good things about this model, though.
    Vanox_1
    I just ordered one of these babies, its on its way in the mail. Im so goddamn excited for it. I'll finally have 7 strings.
    A7XRemenissions
    woah whats with all these extremely high prices floating around, i must be high, but it goes for 400 for 7 string and FR and 350 for regular damien 6. I'd buy it even if it was 500$, such a great deal
    ..NEM..
    I've bought this yesterday, and I only got one thing to say: Nice. Pure pwnage
    kt0410
    i am considering this 7 string, and currently hace the papa roach limited edition C-1. They are amazing guitars, expecially with the active emg 85/85 combo i have
    lead_dragon
    Scheters sound great. I found one the other day that i really wan't but don't have the money to get it yet.
    cool#9
    i don't play much metal, but i still think that is one sexy guitar
    DKB SySteM
    i love schecters...they seem to fit my style both on bass and guitar...you can get some real clean stuff on the schecter hollow body as well...so i give their guitars a 10