Damien-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-7

Purchased from: Mercy Music Supply

I play mostly metal, with a little more Clapton-ish stuff thrown in the mix and with the correct settings, this guitar couldnt fit those better in my dreams. I run my guitars into my little Marshall MG10CD for practice and through all my DigiTech stuff into my Crate 65GLX for band practices and gigs. I use it with a lot of gain normally and through my wah and phaser during the majority of solos. This guitar can do anything from the heaviest Meshuggah-esque riffs all the way to the other side of the spectrum and hit the classical stuff amazingly. It does however tend to be somewhat noisy due to the passive electronis but has a rich, heavy tone when on the bridge, but when set on the neck has the most amzing higher register.

I play speed metal and this is a perfect match considering my biggest influence is Jeff Loomis of Nevermore. I've been playing roughly three years now and own one other Schecter (C7-FR), a Fender Strat, a Squier Precision Bass, and a Spector Custom 5-string. The amps I use are a Crate 65GLX for gigs, a Marshall MG10CD for practice, and for my basses I use and Ampeg BA-112 50 watt. I use DigiTech, Dunlop, and MXR effects pedals. There's nothing I wished I would've asked before buying this guitar because it's honestly better than what I thought it would be. I love that it's a fixed bridge because two-point and Floyd Rose stlye tremolos are very rough on tuning and string wear and tear. However, I hate that it has EMG passives because I'm a Seymour Duncan active type of player. My favorite feature is the Grover locking tuners. The one thing I wish it had is Seymour Duncan actives of any sort, preferrably Blackouts though.

This guitar can definitely withstand gigging. This thing is bulletproof. The hardware will last for a good long while. The strap buttons are amazingly solid, I've been playing it for 3 months now and the strap hasn't come off once yet. I could definitely depend on it and would gig without a backup. The finish is godly, I've smaked this things against walls, fell offstage with it and it will fight whatever hits it.

The guitar itself was well setup in the factory. The action was just barely to high and the picksups came right where they need to be. The top was very closely matched but you can only tell a slight mismatch if your eye is touching the guitar. The bridge was routed perfectly. the guitar had no other major problems other than the action being a little high and the very slightly mismatched top.

It's 2007 model and it was made in South Korea. It's double octave (24 frets), with a thin style neck, extra jumbo frets, and is a 26.5 inch scale. It has a flamed maple top and a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It has a black satin finish on a super-Strat styled body. It also is a fixed Tone Pro's string through style bridge. It comes stock with EMGHz Passive 7A's in the bridge and neck. It comes with one volume and one tone knob with a three way pickup selector. The tuners are locking Grovers. The only extra things I got with the guitar was some picks and a set of strings.

sekcguitarist
    i got mine for 300 american dollars, and it is the most amazing guitar, i love it, its so beautiful, only thing is im looking for either an ibanez rg with a floyd rose, or a schecter with a floyd rose, doesnt bother me which brand bc both brands are owned by the same asian conglomerate, the guitar is made in the same factory as other brands so im not gonna bitch about other brands
    PopPunkPotHead
    I live for Ibanez RG's, but this guitar Is too much fun. I even don't mind the EMG hz pickups. I'm buying one this week.