Damien-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-7

Price paid: C$ 420

Purchased from: Dude on the internet

This thing does exactly what I want it to. It gives me all the heavy I could dream of. I play a lot of Nevermore style metal, and this is just great for that. I have a love/hate relationship with the pickups though, as THEY HAVE NO TONE (well at least very little), but they are very articulate and never mess the notes together while riffing on the lower strings. But keep in mind I have yet to change the strings to my favorite GHS Boomers, so they may react a little differently to different strings. The guitar overall has a very full sound to it, but seems to be lacking color in it's sound. As I got it, the guitar is quite capable of doing most styles of rock/metal as long as you can resist the low B string.

For what I wanted this guitar for, It's great. It is my first 7 string and could probably be my last, because it will definitely last. I would buy this guitar again if I could get another deal on it. I hate to say it but I am thinking about real active EMG817/707 set because maybe they would have more tone but with the same definition and attack. Maybe some of the SD Blackouts phase II or whatever one fits in the big ass pickup slot. I would love to say my favorite feature is the B string, But hell it's a 7 string. I'm gonna have to say my favorite feature is the overall quality of the build. It's been a while since I felt like I really got My moneys worth.

This thing just screams quality from the first second you touch it. I was very impressed with the tuning pegs and everything feels solid overall. I believe that it could be dropped without much worry and would not be afraid to gig w/o a backup. I heard very good things about Schecter's quality many times before and now I can say it's true. This things a tank

All Fantastic when I got it. And considering I got the shipping box from the guy, I doubt he did too much to it. I was amazed at how easy this guitar was to play within minutes of picking it up. This guitar is simple, no frills and even if it needed a setup, would be done in minutes. As long as there's no floyd involved setting up a guitar isn't hard. I was more concerned with the quality of the build rather than the factory setup and It didn't dissapoint.

Features are simple, 26.5" scale and 7 strings. Sweet finish (think stealth bomber) and nice bat inlays. Passive EMGHz pickups in both positions. Basswood body(but surprisingly heavy) and maple neck. 24 fret rosewood fretboard w/ Bat inlays. String thru bridge. Vol, tone, and 3 way switch.