Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

I play metal and some rock so this guitar is perfect for me. The stock emgs were nice but I wanted for high end in the bridge and smoothness in the neck. I used the stock pups for about a year and a half and loved them but then I palyed a razorback and loved that configuration. I use a Crate GFX 212 and it screams through it. The signal stays strong through my Dunlop Original Crybaby too. That just tells me the electronics are tried and true. I'd give the sound on this guitar a 9 only because the bass can get a bit unruly at higher volumes due to the density of the wood. I'd say this guitar is mote suited for metal but can produce the rich sounds of some good ol classic rock. Jazz and softer things might not be the best decision though.

If this guitar was stolen I would kill myself. I have an LTD EC-1000 with "real" EMGs and my Schecter is my main guitar by far. This is my fifth year playing and I am really happy with what I've got. I might paint it a satin white but I am still undecided on that. That is really the only thing I wish was different on this guitar. If I were to compare it to another guitar I'd say and LTD KH something. it's best feature is No Doubt it's neck. it's so fast and I just play better with it. No Doubt there. it's worst feature is it's finish but the satin is a really cool thing for me. Overall a great value. In addition to the 550 I paid I've put in about another 150 bucks in pups and general maintenance.

I've never gigged per se but I have played in my school band with it "live" and it was ok. I beat the hell out of it though. I play just as hard as I would Live and it takes it with pleasure. The hardware is set up very solidly and I would trust it no matter what. I wouldn't gig without another guitar anyway but this one in particular due to the floyd. The strap buttons on my previous Schecter were terrible so I expected the worst but was quite surprised. They are tight and never give way. The finish is satin so it shows everything from scratches to dust. You decide if that's reliable or not. I'm giving it a 10.

From the factory this guitar was set up very well. Schecter used to put GHS boomers on their guitars and I can't stand those. I immediately put Ernie Ball light top heavy bottom strings on and they work just fine. The finish was flawless out of the factory and all the hardware was spotless. The bridge was perfect and the neck wasn't dry at all. The pickups were at a good height and the volume from them was just right. The top was matched well and everything looked in order. The pots were all clean and no scratching could be heard.

My model is an 05. It came with the HZ passive emgs but I recently changed them to a Dimebucker and a '59. It's solid basswood and the maple neck is fast and true. The rosewood fingerboard is warm sounding and keeps your fingers moving fast. The Floyd Rose is troublesome for many but I think it's fantastic. Dive bombs and Dime Squeals are a must in my repertoire and without the Floyd I'd be constantly tuning. It has a master volume and tone although mine are usually just left all the way up. Grover tuners also add to this guitar long list of awesome features. The three way Switch is Standard enough on a lot of guitars bit it works so I don't care. The satin finish is gorgeous but shows everything, so it's a bit annoying. The Locking not is maybe the only thing I dislike. I know it helps but it's the only part of the guitar that I find painstaking and a bit annoying. Also I personally like the Strat style guitars too so it all works out for me. Overall astounding though!

axenoob
    I have this guitar and I LOVE it. If I knew enough about it and played shows with it then I'd write up a review, but its just an awesome guitar.
    TIRxNOVA74
    this guitar looks amazing. i was decideing whether to get this or a jackson (js30rr). but i ll probibly go wit this cause it looks to b better quality
    Mr.McAwesom2112
    Ive had this guitar for a few weeks now and it kicks some major ass, even though i have to play it through an old crate bass amp which really sucks. By the way, right on the back of the neck, up near the tuning board, there's a little bit of writing below the serial number that says "crafted in South Korea". Idiots