Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

I bought it in early 2006 back in my metalhead days and now I play mostly blues/classic rock/fusion. It suited me then and it suits me now, though I want a Strat pretty badly, this can nail tones that a Strat could only dream of. It looks super hardcore, but it can play some of the softest clean stuff you have ever heard with a little tweaking of the volume and tone. I use a Fender hot rod deville, a ds-1, and a Vox wah and it works perfectly with them, though I'm probably gonna get a stronger distortion. It's sounds is kind of dark, but it is completely noiseless with a very full sound.

This guitar is probably the greatest choice I ever made. It is metal enough for metalheads, but because the pickups are passive, you can play clean pretty well. I was thinking about an Ibanez until I saw this and I was sold. The coolest part about it is definitly the inlays! They are sweeeeet, but in all seriousness this guitar is great for veterans and beginners.

Yes! This guitar can go to hell and back again. The only problem was a strapbutton that came out but I was able to put it back in using some cotton. The locking nut gets annoying, so I just keep it loose and just retune everytime I whammy. I still only retune about once every week-3 weeks. Everything else is a minor adjustment. I have gigged with it, I have had people knock it over, and I have dropped it, and it has minimal markings.

It wasn't in tune right away from the factory and it didn't come with the right alan wrenches at first but Guitar center gave me the right ones. Everything else was perfect. The finish is matte black and can turn people off who like gloss, but it's awesome. I would probably re paint it if I could. The action is easier to adjust than tuning, and there was no problems with it at all.

It has grover tuners, liscenced Floyd Rose, EMG HZ pickups. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, a basswood body, a maple neck, and a rosewood or ebony fret board, I can't remember. It's made in Korea, but its fine regardless. It has a double cutaway with a somewhat contoured body that makes it look really elegant.

nevin021s
    Ischi wrote: It suits any type of music?! Your telling me that thing would play jazz... =/
    yeahhhh actually. it has a helluva tone knob
    nevin021s
    Patrick2489 wrote: HOw about you find that out for sure before you say this isnt made in the US. Because i guarantee you this model is N_I_N-621 wrote: It's not made in the US...
    it isnt. mine says right on the headstock made in korea....