Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

I play a wide range of music from classical to classic rock to metal and the Damien sounds amazing every time. Played through a Line 6 Spider III 30-watt it can sound great on the clean channel but it has an amazing aggressive sound when distorted. Sweep Picking, tapping and pinch harmonics are simple to pull off and sound great on it. If I were to describe it briefly though, I would say that it is versitile but not powerful. I would have preferred better pickups such as EMG 81 and 85. If I could afford it, I would upgrade to the Schecter Hellraiser, but for the price you can't beat the Damien-FR.

Overall I give it a 10 because it's a near flawless gem that sounds great and only costs $400. The only things that I don't love are the pickups, which I would have preferred to be more powerful, but that doesn't change the fact that they sound more than decent in most situations. Also, tuning is a pain in the ass. What really made me love this guitar was the neck. The 24-fret thin maple neck is beautiful, comfortable, fast and durable. Compared to my Epiphone, the neck on the Damien-FR is a gift from god. So, if you know an amazing deal when you see it and don't mind using a wrench every time you feel like playing in lower tuning, buy this guitar.

It's very reliable and durable. I've dropped it a few times and it still plays like it's new. I have only had one problem with it so far and that is that you can't abuse the tremolo because it tends to fall out (which isn't really a big deal.) The strap buttons are perfect, so with strap locks you don't have to worry about it breaking away from you.

When I bought this guitar there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. Everything was aligned perfectly, the pickups were adjusted correctly and the bridge and top were how they should be. There was not one flaw with this guitar when I had bought it. The Action, fit and finish gets a 10 because the Damien looks flawless.

I bought it in late 2007. It was made in the USA. This 24-fret beast includes Floyd Rose tremolo and EMG H4 bridge and H4A neck pickups. Volume, Tone and a 3-way selector. It has an arched basswood body, bolt-on rock maple neck and a fast, slim rosewood fingerboard. All of this topped off with beautiful satin black finish and bat inlays.

carrico
    your guitar should have came with all the wrenches to adjust the floyd rose and you tube has tons of videos on how to change the strings.
    WSR66
    i have this guitar and i love it. the only problem is that it rusts very easily.
    hotshotvegetari
    Is it possible to learn how to change and adjust the strings under a FR at home? I mean, sure it's probably time-consuming but better than shelling out money every time a string breaks.
    mrmobile20
    This Guitar Stays in tune very well even with the floyd rose "Lite". Changing strings takes time but no one really needs to take it in to have it adjusted at a shop. Just make sure the floyd rose is level with the body when in tune after the 700 minor adjustments (Just kidding its alot though) it will stay in tune even with abuse.
    maliceheart18
    i planning on getting a schecter guitar soon, should i get the C-1 Blackjack ATX FR , Hellraiser FR, or the Special Damien FR? i need help!!