Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

The sound is freakin amazing. It sounds it's best playing metal, but has unending capabilities. I run it through a DigiTech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion, which is also intensly amazing, and then into some old Dean Markley head, but it still sounds amazing. It doesnt't give off any buzzing at all. The variety of sounds is great, I mostly change the settings on my pedal instead of the guitar, but it works well with whatever I play.

The impression is amazing. I mainly play hard rock, metal, and a litle bit of prog, and it suits them all perfectly. I've been playing for about three and a half years and this is one of the best guitars I have ever played. The only other guitar I have is the really cheap one I got from my dad for christmas when I first started playing. That one doesnt't even compare to this one. I have no regrets about buying this guitar what'soever, I can't find one thing I don't like about it. If it were stolen, I would find the freak that stole it, brutally beat him, and yeah. But if I couldnt find it, I would definately buy this one again, I would always look around to see if there was anything else that I liked. I love everything about this guitar. The whammy is just perfect, and with the locking nut it doesnt't go out of tune. The only thing I dislike about it is changing the strings on the Floyd Rose. My favorite features are the sweet inlays, the matte black finish, the looks definately compliment the sound. The only thing I wish it had is active pickups, which I hope to put in as soon as I get the time and money. This guitar is so good for the money.

This guitar can stand through anything I throw at it. The straplocks hold the strap very well, I've never had a problem with that. The hardware is still as perfect as the day I bought it. I would always bring a backup to a gig just because anything could happen, but I can still rely on the Damian as my number one choice. The finish is still perfect, enough touching of the finish can create some smudges, but they can easily be cleaned off.

It was set up very well. Everything is perfectly aligned. The action is amaazingly low. The innotation is perfect. Everything is perfectly routered. Nothing was out of place, no rust, nothing loose, the finish looks perfect.

This guitar is freakin amazing. I'm pretty sure it was made earlier this year (2008). It was manufactured in South Korea but set up in the USA. It has 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard with charcoal-pearl bat inlays. It has a matte black finish, which looks amazing. It has a normal double cutaway Strat shaped body. It comes with a Floyd Rose bridge. The pickups are passive EMG-HZ's. It has two knobs, one for tone and one for volume. It has a locking nut with Grover tuners, with fine tuners on the bridge. I got a free case with it, but it didn't come with an allen wrench, which disapointed me.