Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

Like I said it is a little on the noisy side (with distortion turned on) but the rose wood accents all of the chord progressions and arpeggios. With this particular guitar I try to stay on the heavy side of music style but that dose not mean it is limited to it in any way; with out the distortion on the EMG-mz sound amazing for more of a classical rock ballad (aka stair way to heaven).

I very much like it and I have not had any major problems (again (knock on wood)) but it definitely needs the locks no joke. It has not caused me any trouble on stage or at home on the couch. I definetly recommend this guitar. But you need the locks (I can't stress that enough!

For the reliability and durability I have not had any issues as of yet (knock on wood) but one of the flaws is definitely you need to either order it with a locking strap or install one. Because I will tell you right now if you do not have locks put on it will fall. I have had hundreds of close calls and when it came time for me to do gigs I definitely bought locks.

I may never know exactly were I got it from but man! Did it come in great condition everything sounded perfect I picked it up and could not let it go 10/10 for production. It looks nice because it has such little details that stand out like the custom frets and the famous head.

I have had the Damien Shecter for about a year now and I can say I am very happy with it's performance. I'm pretty sure it is a Tex/Mex but can't be certain. I got the FR because it would be my first and I thought it would give it some extra flare (and locks the tune perfectly). Mine had a satin finish with a rosewood neck. I really like the rosewood neck and it is actually my preferred neck but the satin finish looks very nice at first but within a few weeks I saw every speck of dust and every little micro fiber of dust. It is one of the only downfalls to the guitar because to keep it in preteen condition it would need regular cleaning. It has a Volume and one tone knob (the volume adjusts the amount being picked up more than actually bumming down the sound another flaw because it does not pick up the harmonics as much with out getting the cherished scratching of the pick and slide of the fingers). All in all I think that the guitar is beautiful and if you have to sell the diminished EMG-mz and get some actives and that solves the pick up problem.