Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

This guitar can suit pretty much any music style. You can play clean music to blues to metalcore. It sounds good when you sweep pick when you put it on the neck pick-up. I use my Line 6 spider iii and a dan electro distortion pedal with it which makes this guitar pretty noisy. That can be fixed with a sound killer(which I don't have). The neck pick up is noisier than the bridge pick up. It has pretty good sustain. It can hold a note for a while even if the amp is on like 1 or 2. All in all, I'd say the sound this thing produces is pretty good.

I mostly play metal but some times I play blues and play around with clean chords and stuff. I've been playin for a bout a year and a half. I have spiderr iii amp, fab distrotiion, weeping Demon wah, and a Bronze Warlock. I love this guitar but I'd probably get a more expensive guitar if this one got lost or stolen. My favorite feature is the Floyd Rose. It can hold tune and play sick dive bombs. So this is a great guitar for a cheap price.

This thing is perfect for live playing. I would use it for a back-up since my only other guitar is a cheap warlock but it'd be better to have a backup. The hardware and strap buttons are stable and Brand New. I've had this guitar for 5 months now. The finish is not even scratched and it doesn't get smeared.

Everything was perfect when I got it. It was already tuned and had new strings and everything. The action is a little higher than normal but I like it. The pick-ups were a little dusty but that wasn't a problem. So the guitar was pretty perfect when I got it.

This guitar has 24 frets, rosewood fretboard, bolt on neck, black pear bat inlays, solid top, black finish, actual Floyd Rose bridge, grover tuners, EMG hz passive pick-ups, locking nuts, and really smooth neck. I ordered mine online so it came with a cable. It has 1 volume and 1 tone control and a 3 way pick-up selecter.

Clutch32192
    Ja, schecter and line 6 amps always match up really good, i got a omen 6 and a 30 watt spider III, and they sound great together, though i want the damien or hellraiser...can't decide
    viper9205
    6_Feet_Below : Tremonti_Rocks! wrote: the hellraiser is much better ya but ive played both and this one is pretty close and much cheaper i prefer the Hellraiser though.... I agree.
    viper9205
    I have a damien fr. It's a cool looking guitar that can rock pretty good but it's not the best at other types but I would still suggest it. By the way it's not made or "crafted" in the USA.
    day day
    this was my second guitar (my first guitar was a beginner guitar). but the way i got this guitar was FATE, i went to the music shop with my mums friend who was getting his son a drum kit. BUT one of the workers i knew said that i could pick a schecter IF he got a certain drum kit, so he did and thats how i was brought toghether with my sexy guitar. !!!YEAH!!!
    absinthedemon22
    My Damien is my main guitar, pretty amazing, only downside is it's pretty heavy, like, sore shoulder standing with a thick strap, and it cuts off the circulation in my leg when i play it sitting down. You get used to the weight though, I don't even notice it now.
    InfectTheCured
    I had this guitar for a while, It was magical. A great guitar in general. I really respect Schecter and the guitars they make.
    Rico Rangel
    I use a Damien V-1 Which is disturbingly heavy at times. I've played a Damien FR before and I would trade up in a heartbeat. The V-1 comes with EMG-81 EMG-85 pickups which are better but still... Damiens are sexy guitars, no lie.
    minchew
    I have the damien 6 and I love it. It's pretty high quality, even if it is made in Korea. It's better than my American made Gibson.
    tyler_faith_08
    the bat inlays are highly unattractive. they look immature, like a 3 year old with a fascination for bats decided he wanted to 'kick it up a knotch'.
    well that seems to be a good reason for you to refrain from purchasing this guitar. or, you could do the 5 year old thing, and write your name over them with a marker.
    noodlegts
    DamoPlaysBass
    noodlegts wrote: Please don't tell me that this guitar is all 10s, because that's a blatant lie. I don't mean to say it's a bad guitar, but if it had a mahogany body instead of basswood would you rate it... 11?
    +1 And neck-thru, maybe a 20?
    savory_softy
    Ischi : It suits any type of music?! Your telling me that thing would play jazz... =/ Yes, believe me, I've had the misfortune of needing to play jazz to pass VCE (high school), Miles Davis, Horris Silver etc. and it does it beautifully.
    lesdavid666
    I have the non floyed rose one with gothic cross inlays.. i think its WAYYYYY better but this guitar is just as good.. its one of the best guitars =D
    xXChimairaXx
    Schecter are pretty darn good for the how much they cost. Other companies will charge way more for basically the same thing, but... ..."MADE IN JAPAN" reads "godly". ESP owns all.
    6_Feet_Below
    Tremonti_Rocks! wrote: the hellraiser is much better
    Rejection_Role
    Patrick2489 wrote: HOw about you find that out for sure before you say this isnt made in the US. Because i guarantee you this model is N_I_N-621 wrote: It's not made in the US...
    It isnt made in USA--I work in a music shop and it say on the plate over the electrics 'Set up in the USA' not made there...korea is more likely with schecters.
    Clutch32192
    Shud I get this or just upgrade my omen 6 w/t some new pickups, and maybe an effect pedal and other crap