Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Its great. I believe that the tone of this guitar and the riffs that just flow from it are what helped push my band from pop sounding rock to a more metal scene. I use it with a Line 6 Spider IV half stack, and it screams like the son of Satan. I like the neck pickup sound for solos and lead parts, and the bridge pickup for speedy metal riffs. The bridge pickup helps with impacting on fast picking techniques. There are some intonation problems, around the 15th fret, even when the guitar is set up perfectly, so that's a drawback.

This guitar fits metal, rock, and when I need it to, I can tame the beast enough for jazz. It's the only guitar I've ever considered playing for any gig of any kind, and it would never let me down. If it was stolen, I'd find the miserable SOB because the paint job is fairly distinct. I would probably get another Schecter if this one disappeared, but a better one than this one, like a Synyster Special or something. I only got a Schecter because Synyster Gates plays one, and now I'm hooked on Schecter.

This guitar is ungodly tough. I'd throw it to test, but I don't want to hurt someone because of the weight. All of the hardware is solid, and seems to be built to last. However, the finish, was absolutely horrendous. I had a friend drop a fork on it, and a HUGE chip disappeared from the body of the guitar. I have since taken it apart, sanded it, and painted it and put it back together a total of 6 times, just because I can. The original finish sucked but that's alright considering I really wasn't intent on keeping that satin black anyways.

This was my first guitar, so I don't really remember how the action was when I got it. All I remember was I had the worst time trying to restring a floyd when it came time to do so. I had no idea what to do. Aside from troubles with intonation, the guitar came to me pretty much perfect and a pleasure to play.

Its got great pickups, though I wish they were active, a licensed floyd, and a satin finish. Its pretty heavy, shaped kind of like your generic superstrat, and its got grover tuners. Okay, so if I had to complain, like I said, I wish the pickups were active. that's one thing. It seems that the licensed floyd is great, it does what you need it to, but its still just a bit short of being to perfect trem, considering its not actually a floyd, but a licensed copy. The electronics are solid as hell because I've taken this guitar apart at least 6 times, and been quite rough with it each time, while sanding and painting. I've only had to re-solder a couple things, and they were both my mistakes. Great features, great guitar.

iup788
    dimebag7 wrote: yeah the emgs are pretty much bulit for metal, well those models anyway.
    EMG's are insane broseph. My ESP has them and they are the most metal of all pickups.