Damien-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien-FR

Purchased from: World Music

This guitar can pretty much handle anything you throw at this. The EMG Passives can give you the perfect tones for every song you might want to cover. I have covered Bodom, Metallica, Maiden to RHCP, Bon Jovi, Green Day with it, and it never let me down. The acoustic tone is awesome, got a bit bass to it, and the distortion depth is awesome. But to tell the truth, stage appearance with this guitar strapped on oozes "Metal" out of you. It can play anything you want, but it does look a bit odd in the "looks department" to cover RHCP and Green Day with this. If you're not a metal guitarist, this baby will look odd in your hands.

I play everything from A7X, Green Day, Led Zeppelin to Metallica, Maiden, Bodom, Megadeth and this guitar suits me perfectly. I LOVE this guitar. And I LOVE the pearl Bat Inlays. Freakin' love them.

I played several live shows with this guitar, and it could withstand a lot of whammy abuse. It sounds super awesome on stage, better than any guitar I've heard. I personally do a lot of whammy use during live performances, and surprisingly enough, it does stay in tune. In a show in the last song, I broke my low E string, just by whammy abuse, and when I put a new string in, and tuned it, the other strings simply got tuned themselves. This is the proof how good the FR is.

When I first got this guitar, it was tuned to Standard E, the bridge was set up perfectly, and the action was a bit too low. I had to adjust that, and then everything was fine. Now it is in DGCFAD, plays perfectly fine, and it sounds better in this tuning. The bridge setup is easy, and everything is perfect.

Bought this in 2011, looks like it's been made recently. Written made in Korea behind the headstock, got an Shecter Guitars, California, USA on the bolt. This is a beautiful guitar with: - Arched basswood body - Black Satin Finish - Bolt-on rock maple neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 24 Extra-jumbo frets - Floyd Rose Special Tremolo System - 25-1/2" scale - EMG H4 bridge and EMG H4A neck pickups - Black Hardware - Grover Rotomatic 18:1 Tuners - Vol/Tone/3-way Selector - Black Pearl Bat Inlays - Came with Early Ball 10s.

oflightsandmen
    It sounds awesome, definitely my favorite electric. To allow it to be drop-tuned with less of a hassle, I had the floating tremolo bolted down, so I can't use the whammy bar. It definitely saves a lot of time when it comes to tuning. Also I accidentally stripped a screw while changing a string, pretty difficult to replace. But, aside from that, looks and plays great.
    sikorad15
    I got one of these used. Other than the fact the Floyd rose was worn out a bit so it didnt stay perfectly in tune, so i have to get a new one, this is a awesome guitar. I think the bat inlays look great. and it sounds awesome! This is perfect for Playing Avenged Sevenfold or really any other metal. I also have a Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and this is about tied with it in my opinion.