Damien Elite-6 FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien Elite-6 FR

Purchased from: Local Store

I usually play metal with my band and also some covers and this guitars with all it's characteristics fits perfectly in that style, in the practice room I use a Line 6 Spider Valve and at home just use it through a Line 6 UX1 using AmpliTube, with the active pickups I don't have any noise at all and like I said before the guitar is perfect for metal, I have tried playing some softer stuff and with the 85 I have no problems, the 81 pushes a bit too much gain for my linking in that styles and it's kinda weird sounding but the 85 makes this guitar very versatile and awesome sounding, the two pickups combination makes this guitar play from jazz and blues to the most extreme metal, pretty happy with it.

Like I said before I play mostly metal and this guitar fits perfectly that style but also is versatile enough to play other styles like jazz blues punk and other styles of rock, I've been playing for 11 years and this one it's my first real electric guitar, my other guitar is a Chinese made strato-like guitar that in an attempt to make it sound better I put a DiMarzio D Sonic on the bridge, the only thing I would have changed on the guitar are the x-jumbo frets for smaller ones and maybe put a brass block on the Floyd, if it were stolen or lost I will kill myself, try to reborn, and kill myself again because I took almost 2 years to save money for it and I'm really happy with it, but if I was able to buy it again I would prefer saving a little more and buy a Blackjack ATX because I like the pickups better, in it's price range this guitar can not be beat, if you are looking forward to buy this guitar don't be ashamed you wont regret it at all.

I have it just for two months now so I haven't played it live yet but I will in a couple of weeks, it seems that I wont have any problems with it but I will take a backup with me just in case because you never know with a Floyd equipped guitar, the hardware seems solid and durable, I don't have any doubts at this, it seems build to last a lifetime there, the finish looks amazing and not thin at all, this doesn't mean I can just drop the guitar and expect the finish not to wear but with normal playing and care it will last forever. Not giving 10 because the Floyd gives some space to not rely just in one guitar, like all Floyd equipped guitars.

The guitar came perfectly set up from the factory, maybe a little out of tune because of the delivery to my country (I live in Peru) but with a small turn on the tuners on the Floyd it was perfect, everything was perfect when I took the guitar out of the box, perfect finish, perfect set up and perfect sound, the only thing that I made to it was retuning because I play at drop B and setting up the bridge for that, after doing so the guitar played beautifully and after a lot of abuse of the Floyd it seems that everything is perfect, no need to retune or set uo again after that day.

Indonesian made 2013 model, 24 frets 25.5 scale extra jumbo frets, I don't like the x-jumbo that much, I prefer medium jumbo or jumbo better but it's just my liking so it's no big deal, rosewood fingerboard that looks beautiful, actually the neck is not thin at all but this doesn't mean its uncomfortable at all, actually it plays beautifully and also lets you play pretty fast, mahogany body with flame maple top in crimson red finish, actually quite heavy but looks beautiful and feels pretty solid, Floyd Rose Special bridge, if it's set up right the it won't go out of tune never!, EMG's 81 and 85, classic EMG's sound and finally grover tuners, preety sweet actually, all in all a great deal for the money. I'm not giving a 10 just because I don't like the x-jumbo that much.