Damien Elite-6 FR review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Schecter: Damien Elite-6 FR

The sound is amazing, from scream-like wails, to smooth fat sound, the pickups are fairly versatile, using it with a Hughes And Kettner TriAmp, the sound is definitely at professional level. If you use strings lower than the actual gauge you might have some buzz, adjusting the Floyd Rose height can fix that, it didn't for me, low or high bridge height, nothing. However the sound makes up for this, of sorts. It sounds what you'd expect from EMG pickups, very metal-like on high-gain, very rock-like on lower gain settings, it depends on how you want it to be used.

I play Blues/Rock/Metal, this is a pretty good match tone wise. I've been playing for nearly 5 years, I own a Fender Strat (with no Floyd Rose system installed). I wish I had asked to buy another guitar, I was too hasty. If it was stolen, I'd only be mad because it took me a while to gather up the money, however, I would never get it again. Maybe the model without the Floyd Rose in it. I love the knobs, they feel great, the tuners are good, the tone and sustain is really good. I hate the Floyd Rose installed on it, ugh (as if I hadn't said that enough). My favorite features were the finish and the inlays, pretty cool. The switch is pretty cool too. I compared it with an LTD 350FR I believe, which was complete garbage. Same issues, frets were strange to play on, not going to review that one at all. I wish it didn't have a Floyd Rose system. I wish that it had 2 tone knobs, and 2 volume knobs.

If you're gonna dive bomb, this thing isn't for you, why is there even a Floyd Rose on it. It goes out of tune within seconds. The Hardware seems like it will last for around 3-6+ years, not a problem at all. The strap buttons are probably the best part of this guitar, no issues, I wonder who buys a guitar for the strap buttons, maybe they put too much focus on the buttons instead of the actual guitar. I wouldn't depend on it, I'd probably remove the trem arm, wait a second, I wouldn't use the Floyd Rose at all, what a piece of junk. The Finish is really cool, seems like it would last for a long time, I don't know anyone who plays and somehow wears off their finish, not on a shecter anyway.

I asked the staff at AxeMusic to set it up for me, was pretty cool, they should have told me the Floyd Rose system was screwed up, it cut my strings, several times, also, re stringing a Floyd Rose is a pain. Restringing a Floyd Rose that keeps cutting your strings? No. The pickup selector was fairly noisy. The bridge pickup was too high, my pick touched it when I strummed, not cool. I'm still not over the fact that AxeMusic staff didn't tell me anything, did they even set it up? Who knows. The action was good, however when using lower gauges, you have to raise the Floyd Rose height.

24 frets, Floyd Rose Special, EMG 85 on neck and 81 on bridge, Rosewood freboard, maple neck, solid flamed top, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way select between pickups, no coil tap, locking tuners, grove tuners. Seems like a good guitar? Hell no. The pickups are great, sure, they sound good, the neck feels decent, the tone knob WORKS, sadly there's only one, does what it does. But the guitar goes out of tune in seconds. SECONDS, I tuned this thing 3 times, and the strings also snapped, the Floyd Rose system is less than decent, made me sad when I got it.