Damien Elite-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien Elite-7

I play a lot of metalcore and nu metal so this guitar is a phenomenal addition to my arsanel of axe's. I'm playing through a simple rig; Ibanez TBX150 head through the Ibanez IS412CA cab with it, I have all the knob s turned up :P, and its sounds great to me. It's a very quite guitar due to the fact the innovative genius's at Schecter stocked this baby with active pickups. Has a very full and broad Spectrum of sounds and tones-truly a versitile guitar.

Like I said, I play metalcore and nu metal (sometimes jazz), and it plays like a dream. I've been play for six years now and own 5 other electrics. The first time I saw it I knew by the end of the day one of two things would happen; I would buy that guitar, or I would be in jail for burglery. I compared this guitar to Agile, ESP, and some other brands but I liked this one WAYYYYYYYYY more. The only thing more I wish it had was maybe EMG X's but I can't complain. All in all, an axe truly sent from the heavens.

I play in a pretty active band, and I've poured sweat out onto this sucker, and jumped around, and even bumped into things with it, and nothing! Still just like new! None of the hardware's finsh is fading or oxodizing under so thats great. As long as you properly maintain this guitar (i.e. Clean the neck, polish the neck, Shine it up ect..) it'll last forever.

Seeing as Schecter inspects and sets up EVERY, SINGLE, STINKING guitar that comes through them, it was perfect. Tuned up, cleaned up, and ready to shred. Pickups were set up just right and no factory flaws whatsoever. Bridge was good to go. Neck looked a bit dry but all it need was a little massage in lemon oil.

I picked this little Beast up at my local guitar center... and I must say.. OMFG! This sucker is the sexiest seven string I own! The gothic cross inlays are gorgeous along with the metallic black finish. The maple neck is smoother than a tube of KY! The best thing is that no matter how long or brutally I play it, it NEVER goes out of tune, unless I bump the tuners on accident but yeah. The darn Tune-O-Matic bridge really does its job. I love the EMG 81 and 85 active pickups. Really resonant tone on the low end notes. I recommend putting EMG 707X's on this bad boy though to get the absolute best sound out of this puppy. The jumbo frets are great for power chords and all that shredding stuff you kids love to do. And bend away at that G-string, for it shall not untune! I also really like the metallic black hardware, leaves a nice finsh.

r0ckth3d34n
    slipknot_420 wrote: This guitar is nice but way over priced! Its also a bit uncomfortable to play as most schecter 7s are, just depends on the person i guess. I know id feel ripped off if i bought this guitar.
    How is it overpriced? That is incredibly cheap for a 7 string guitar. Everything about the guitar breathes high-end specs except for the bolt-on neck, and some people even prefer that over other neck joints.
    KSG5
    racman92
    Iceman10129 wrote: "This is a 10 guitar!" and then they gave it an 8! HAHA
    beneharris wrote: when i said this is a 10 guitar, i meant a '10 guitar
    Read, good sir. OT, I'm pretty sure I'll be putting in an order for one of these the minute I get a job offer
    JaimeLeonel
    KSG5 wrote: Is there any reason I can't use .009 E .011 B .016 G .024 D .036 A .046 E .059 B
    Yes you can but you'll have to readjust the bridge.
    themelodicdeathshow