Damien Elite-8 review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien Elite-8

Price paid: C$ 950

Purchased from: Local music store

I listen to/play all kind of music. Jazz, classical, rock, metal, country, punk, etc... But my main genre is metal. And that guitar sounds like a beast! I play on a Peavey amp and a DigiTech RP55, and this guitar sounds better than most guitar I've tried. It doesn't really make noise when untouched, and the lower strings don't really sounds muddy and all, they sound very defined. The high strings sound good too. On a clean sound, this guitar can sound a bit to clear on the bridge pickup, but has a nice jazzy sound when on the neck pickup, which is a thing that I like, since I also play jazz. So, the only downside is: the bridge pickup on a clean setting sounds a bit to clear for me.

Perfect for metal, really good for jazz/blues. My favorite feature is that it's an 8 string, but it really sounds awesome. If it were stolen, I would buy one again without hesitation. In the future, I may go with an Hellraiser C-8 or an Agile, but the Damien Elite 8 is a really good guitar. Overall, I'd give it a 8/10.

Didn't play live with it yet, but I'm pretty much sure it would withstand live playing, since this guitar is built to be unbreakable. This said, I wouldn't play live without a backup anyway. The strap buttons are solid, but I would but some straplocks (like I did on my other guitar). The finish is good to last for a long time. I'm giving it an 8.

When I received it, the action was a bit too low, causing the first fret to buzz form the 5th string to the 1st string (low to high), but was fixed easily. Other than that, it was in perfect condition. The finish was really good, especially those cool looking inlays. The volume knob was loose, too, but was easily fixed too.

The main feature of this guitar is, well, the fact that it's an 8 string. Other than that, it includes 2 nice EMG 808 active pickups and a Schecter CTM-8 bridge (doesn't have a whammy, which is a + for me, 3-way selector, 1 volume/1 tone knob, kind of basic actually, but it sounds nice. When I got it, I was a bit anxious about the neck, but when I tried, it was perfect. Not too thin like Ibanez's 8 strings, but not too thick either. The main default is that it's a bit hard to reach the 24th fret, but otherwise it feels really good.