Damien Elite Avenger FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Damien Elite Avenger FR

This thing sounds great. The classic EMG 81/85 combo give a great tone. Sustain is surprisingly awesome. No complaints in this dept.

I'm a progressive metal guitarist, and this thing just had an all out bad a-s appearence between the Avenger body shape, and alabone inlays. My favorite thing about this guitar is its amazing quilted maple top. It is just plain stunning. If I were to lose this guitar somehow I would more than likely replace it with the exact same model. Definitely my favorite at the moment.

Id say this thing would withstand plenty of wear and tear. All the components are awesome and made from heavy duty materials. I'm aware of the word that Floyd Rose specials tend to wear out faster but I don't see it being a big problem.

The factory setup was half a-sed. The Bridge was drooping quite a bit back but for me this was irrelevant since I reset it right off the bat and dropped the tuning. The pickups are set well out of e box and just about everything else including finish, routing and electronics are perfectly fine. I actually really love the way the selector and knobs are sunken into the top.

This is brand new. Probably one of the first of this model with a floyd rose. Mahogany body, Quilted maple top w/ transparent black finish, bolt on maple neck, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale (afaik), alabone inlays. Equipped with Floyd Rose special, active EMG 81/85, 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way switch. Only reason I would down rate this is I would prefer a set or throughbody neck probably mahogany and not 3 piece. Also an original Floyd Rose would be preferred, but overall these downfalls are negligible.

megadethfan 666
    Yea i think the hellraiser is the best thing schecter makes
    grungelive72 wrote: I personally hate the Damien series, but love the Blackjack and Hellraiser series. Go figure.
    GuitarManiac110
    A tip for you: You shouldnt review guitars you just bought. After few months its the right time. Congrats anyway for getting a new guitar. Cant wait for my hellraiser C-7FR!!
    JStraitiff
    Karma Colossus wrote: ive been thinking about getting one of these, could anyone go into detail on the neck? also how does it hold tune? felt the need to adjust it at all? many thanks!
    The neck is maple. There is no finish on the back of the neck. Its shape feels really good to me, it feels similar to a les paul neck. The bolt on construction is kind of poor as far as design goes (The main gripe people have with this series) but on this model i dont mind it. i am able to play easily with four fingers up to probably the 22nd fret. Up higher it gets to be a little bit of a reach but only because of the cutaway not the heel. As far as holding tune, i havent had any issues except for string stretching. For the most part it was set up well out of the box. The neck was good and the pickups were good, i set up the bridge and set it to Drop D so therefore i had to raise the action a little to avoid the buzzing.
    Karma Colossus
    a les paul neck you say? figured it would be thinner, thanks for answering, hope to join you in ownership soon
    SmudgeMetal
    One of the things I loved about (and one of the many reasons why I bought) my Damien is those pearl bat inlays on the fretboard. If this guitar came with those inlays I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Karma Colossus
    grungelive72
    JStraitiff
    Well needless to say its comfortable to play for sure. Awesome. I hope you do. I hope you have better luck getting yours. I ordered it back in may. I had to special order because the only one available with the floyd rose from the catalog was in metallic black.
    BFMVRocker
    how is the fingerboard??Is it good?? i'm planning 2 buy the elite 6 fr which i think is practically the same thing with a different shape, so HELP!!