Demon-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Demon-7

Schecter Demon-7 Vintage White. 7 Strings (B E A D G b e), Solid Basswood String Though Body, Rosewood Fret board, Dual Action Truss Rod, Gloss White Finish, Clear-coated Neck, Black Binding, Black Chrome Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Seymour Duncan Design Active HB-105/7N Humbuckers, 26. 5 Inch Scale Length, 24 Frets, Black Chrome Set Screw 1 Tone 1 Volume Knobs, Bolt On Maple Neck, 3 Way Black Pickup Selector, Grey Perloid Gothic Cross Inlay, Schecter Brand Tuners, Jumbo Frets. 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment.

It sounds very full due to the long scale length. It has a very soft soothing clean sound in the neck pickups and has high output. The neck pickup is trebly and sounds amazing with distortion. Very little feedback. Low B string sounds much better if you buy thick strings and sounds very full, bass-y, very clean, tight, and not muddy like you find on many other guitars. The whole guitar clean or distorted sounds fuller, beefier, puncher and tighter than a Les Paul Gibson Standard or a Fender American Tele or Strat. The basswood body gives it a natural scooped mid range so when on the neck pickup it sounds very clean and simply amazing, Graph Tech XL Black Tusq Nut.

The action was set perfectly. The pickups need a little raising but not much, everything looked very good. The unnoticeable head stock needed a little more work on the edges where the paint is uneven but the rest of the guitar looked amazing. The pickups selector had a little too much play. The volume and tone knobs where good. Stock pickups are amazing. The truss rod cover screw stripped after opening it once. The bodywork was simply amazing with all the perfect details, the finish was very well done and I found a tiny crack at the bottom but it was from being at the store. Very fine neck and the best neck I have seen and played on.

Yes, the strap knobs are really well screwed in there and has survived my crazy jumping around on stage for many gigs. The hardware will last a wile, the first things I expect to go out is the pickup selector and the truss rod cover. The body is very soft and the neck can withstand very thick strings with a simple truss rod adjustment. I would only have to bring this guitar to my shows because It has had no problems that would make it unplayable. Everything but the pickup selector is very durable. The only downside to this guitar is the active pickups and you just gotta make sure the battery is all good. If the battery goes bad the guitar will have a distorted output (and it doesn't sound good).

I love this guitar from the first 10 minutes of playing it in the guitar store. It has done me good but the little tiny cough there with the truss rod cover but everything else is fine. I play anywhere from punk rock to death metal and this guitar has served me well. Compare this to an Ibanez or any other 7-string and this guitar will kick ass. The length is not much longer than a Stratocaster but it takes some time to get used to it but it's worth it for the amazing tone it brings. I never really have to drop tune because that low B string is right there. I own some pretty good gear and have been playing for over 3 years. I would buy another Schecter but I would go for the Hellraiser Series. This one has amazing quality but the only reason I would get a Hellraiser instead of this again is because of the finish, EMGs, and the Floyd Rose bridge.

Metallilmeister
    The only problem is the bridge. It would have been way better with a hardtail bridge instead of the tunomatic.
    K33nbl4d3
    "The whole guitar clean or distorted sounds fuller, beefier, puncher and tighter than a Les Paul Gibson Standard or a Fender American Tele or Strat." This seems like a bit of an irrelevant comparison. Nobody picks up a Les Paul, a Strat or a Tele and thinks "I wonder how the sound will compare to a Schecter 7-string". I also doubt that this claim is entirely true, since that set of adjectives, in as far as each is generally taken to mean anything factual, is somewhat contradictory.
    TheLiberation
    Had one for two years, absolutely great guitar for the price, and the pickups are probably the best pickups in this price range - they're also surprisingly versatile, sound great clean (very bright though, so might not be everyone's thing - but still very pretty and rounded). There are a few details here and there that might be a little better, but honestly, it's a really solid guitar for the price and I've enjoyed playing it a ton over these two years.
    ironingman41
    fuller, beefier, puncher and tighter than a Les Paul Gibson????? thats a bold statement. somehow i think most people will disagree.
    an.interloper
    Yeah, I love Schecter, but that statement seems a bit hollow to me purely by considering that this is made from basswood and a LP is mahogany. Punchier I could see if the active pickups are two-thirds decent, but beefier? Probably not.
    G1lll
    i had this guitar for a few months and my only problem was sometimes the switch wouldn't stay on the neck pick up selection. it would go back down to the bridge position. The pick ups weren't my cup of tea either. But other than that it was an amazing guitar eventually sold it because it was just collecting dust lol
    billard92
    I used to own one of these. Utter piece of shit. Really glad I traded for an ibanez iron label. Huge step up.
    PiercedBand
    Have you ever played a Gibson for more than 2 seconds at a GC cuz it's not "brootal" enough? No way in hell a cheap ass Schecter is going to be better than a Gibson Les Paul.
    an.interloper
    Gibson's QC is in the toilet, and I've played some Standards that are worse for playability - specifically on the neck - than some of the midrange Korean-built factory guitars I've played. Frankly, Epiphone does a better job on consistency in quality at this point. You're both wrong for posting blanket statements like this - you can't say across the board that either is going to have more or less of a characteristic. Hell, even guitars of identical materials, make, and model can sound different from one another. Also, saying that a LP isn't 'brootal' even as a joke is asinine. Legions of metal players play LP and Gibson.