Demon review by Schecter

Schecter: Demon

I play mostly prog-metal, prog-fusion but also jazz and sometimes blues. This guitar is able to make sounds matching every of these types of music perfectly. Don't judge the book by it's cover- although 'evil' and 'metal' looking, this guitar is very versatile! The mahogany body and pick-ups, make the sound a little bit darker, but it makes it even better. Incredible sustain, and when it's coupling it's not going to high-pitches like most of the guitars do, it just smoothly makes a great sound.

My Schecter Demon was one of the first Demon models actually released by Schecter, so I couldn't base on any reviews (since there were none) when I was buying it. But I wasn't dissapointed, I was really amazed! It fits really almost every type of music (especially metal kinds, not suprisingly). If it's been stolen, I wouldn't buy it again.. I would buy the 7-string version of the Schecter Demon! I love the versatility of it, durability and of course the sound. I'd compare it to Petrucci's signature Music Man, I've played on both, and they seem to sound amazingly similiar, although sound is the only thing that links these guitars.

I've played a couple of serious gigs with my band with the Demon, it never brought me down. The hardware is solid, and I bet it would be still 'almost like new' after letting it fall downstairs. The strap buttons are a pain though, they were poorly nailed untill I actually dealed with them. What do I mean through 'poorly nailed' is - they began to 'move' a little bit after half a year of playing, and I could practically take them out easily by hand. But I've repaired it for 10$, happily, they seem to hold the guitar without any problems since then. I'm 100% sure that it's a very durable guitar that you can rely on.

My guitar was a straight out-of-the-box model. They set it up pretty well at the factory, the action was perfect, the bridge was perfectly set, no flaws at all. The only badly done thing, were the pick-ups. The bridge humbucker was way too low, and had to adjust it just a little bit, but it's not a problem at all, just a matter of minutes.

My Demon's been made in the mid 90s, something around 1995 (which makes it one of the very first models). And since I bought it, it amazes me everyday. The 24-fret, dark sounding mahogany body, smooth maple/rosewood neck and fingerboard, and the part that amazed me the most- Duncan Designed active Humbuckers in a H-H set-up. As far as I know, the Demon is available only in satin black colour, that's the only bad thing about it. I would choose the satin black colour anyday, but when dust gets on it- then we've got a problem, because even a blind person would see it. The tuners are also Schecter's, but they've never dissapointed me, not even a bit. Demon is available with and without (stopbar) Floyd Rose bridge, I own a Floyd Rose version. It holds tune very, very well, maybe that's because Demons are built with a Licensed Floyd Rose as their FR bridges.

steedyis(sic)
    steedyis(sic) wrote: i just bought one of these, the demon FRs. its terrific, but the only problem ive got is that the action is set way too low and even the softest pluck of the 6th string results in fret buzz. this is not problem when ive got my distortion pedal on, but would anyone have any idea of how to change the action on it? i ve done it on other guitars before, but with the FR bridge its real wierd... or i might just take it into my music store and get the guy to do it
    dont worry after a while i found it on the Floyd Rose website (Duh!!!)
    Scymrian
    no1matt wrote: Im really tempted by the 7 string version of this guitar. However iv been told the necks are thick and make it difficult to shred with. is this true???
    You get used to it very quickly. It feels less bulky than other 7 strings I've tried too. Try it in a shop if you can, but I blind bought mine 2 years ago and love it.
    no1matt
    PRSantos
    I bought mine blind a few months ago, just entered the shop, looked at it, try it and all right i'll take it. I didn't even knew of Demon 6 existance to be honest... it's very confortable and have a great sound, yes the finish colour is a dust magnet, nothing that a good bag does not solve, the access to the 24th fret is good, and the Duncan Designed PU's are great. Once a friend of mine was goingo to play a gig in a pub near my house and he played with it, the difference between a strat is so great that everybody noticed, the Schecter have a much warmer sound. This guitar was a bargain and some weeks later after i bought it the girl from the shop asked me if i was interested in a refund and give the guitar back because she couldn't find another one anywhere
    RICHO666
    im considering buyin it but the question is it easy to access the 24th fret ? since it is a bolt on ?
    vakenoid
    i own a schecter demon... its kickass.. i do not regret buying it.. it has the perfect sound n it is promising... perfect 4 gigs..
    kabanosi
    i'v got a demon as wel but i have the one with the LP bridge on it and i always loved it, it also was my first guitar. on my training period at a car painter i ask if it was possible to paint a logo on in red, and he said i can do that i painted several more guitar, so he show me some picture's. then i had to choose collors, and i picked pear white for the boddy and the headstock and a mettalic/pear red logo. and now its looking even better then before and its still plays as a White Demon if you want pics just send me a pm whith your e-mail or something.
    steedyis(sic)
    Sudaka
    Cruel wrote: Read carefully, the review is about a Demon with Floyd Rose actually.
    now i fell stupid.... hehehe, sorry!
    Cathrag
    I've owned one of these for 2 years. It is an epic guitar. Best guitar I've ever played in its price range. I always thought it was made of basswood. You learn something new every day.
    Cruel
    Read carefully, the review is about a Demon with Floyd Rose actually.
    Sudaka
    yeah... but no one has put up a review for the Demon FR... I think it is the same guitar with a floyd, but I'd like to know if the floyd is worth it...
    ZaÐ
    The dean is a cool guitar,but the dean dual PU are not that good...if you but it you'll change pu for sure...the schecter has good pickups and a good price for the quality
    Sudaka
    I've been looking for a guitar in this price range, (to play metal, of course) and I am in between this one (but with a Floyd Rose) and the Dean VMNTX (dave mustaine's cheap model) which would you people recommend?
    Vrstone87
    Schecters give you a lot for the money you do spend on them. I recommend them to anyone looking for a great guitar for the price.
    UltimateJB
    is this the one that you can pull up the tone knob and it gives a totally different sound?