Demon review by Schecter

Schecter: Demon

Purchased from: Roland Pro Music - Kolkata

I like to play mostly Metal (know I can't play) and play songs of Bullet For My Valentine, Megadeth, Pantera, Galneryus etc. And the guitar deals them with ease. Until now I had played my Dad's Hobner (whose neck is the thinnest in the world and more thin than Ibanez Prestige models, seriously) which is perfect for playing soft melodies upto Blues. This guitar breathes when I play heavy riffs or shreddings. I use a Boss ME-25 which is the best Processor I've ever played with. I use a Stranger Studio 35 Amp which is also great. However the active pickups also give warm clean tones when pulled back and are very quiet even in high gain amp settings.

This is quite a nice guitar but not very versatile. Just pinch harmonics are a little difficult in this guitar. It suits my playing style very well and will have it till I die along with my Hobner. If it were stolen you will find me in jail because the thief would have been shredded by me.

The guitar is built like a tank and will survive gigs very well. It is very reliable like our Hobner which is only 22 years old and still blazing and shredding away. I love my new guitar. I did not buy the Ibanez RG350DX which was my other choice because I've heard that the Edge III Temolos are not that good. This tremolo seems to work fine for me with severe dive bombs and squeals.

The action was set up quite high and I had to adjust it myself at home spending 5-6 hours. Now it's perfect for high speed sweep picking and shredding. The pickups are very well adjusted and balanced and as I have said before they are suited for Metal. No flaws found uptil now.

This guitar was made in China. I don't know the year it was made. It has got 24 jumbo frets with "Gothic Cross" inlays and 25.5" Scale. The neck is made of maple with rosewood fingerboard. The neck is neither very thin nor very thick and ends up being very comfortable to play riffs on the lows and superfast shreddings as well beyond the 10th or 12th fret. The body is made of basswood and is very light. This guitar is very solidly built. Mine is matt black. The Bridge is a Floyd Rose Special and stays in tune very well. The best part of the guitar are the pickups, they are Active Duncan Designed HB-105s and are really really awesome. That's it.

Psycroptipath
    no1matt wrote: Im really tempted by the 7 string version of this guitar. However iv been told the necks are thick and make it difficult to shred with. is this true???
    Im so keen to buy the demon 7, looks amazing and soooo sooo soooo good for the price.