Demon review by Schecter

Schecter: Demon

Price paid: € 500

Purchased from: Thomann.de

This guitar completely suits my style, this guitar is brilliant for metal and I'm sure it's mad for shredding, but I don't do that. When I got this I was using it with a line6 spider 3, it had a damn nice heavy chunky sound and since then I've swapped to a Valve Blackstar amp and given a lot of gain, I get similar heavy results. I've used this with a large amount of pedals and I have managed to pick up a few radio stations, but that may be due to my fuzz factory. This thing can get a serious amount of different sounds, it' does rock and metal quite well, even blues when you roll all the gain and stuff back on the amp.

I play metal, Fear Factory, Static-X and a load of other stuff and this fits perfectly, it has the same gear as an Ibanez but without the price in my opinion. And if I wanted better pups, I could just buy a set of 707's or Blackouts (I prefer the Blackouts) and it would be better than an Ibby I think. I've been playing guitar for 9 years now and I've accumulated 3 7-strings but I've played many more, the same guy mentioned above who has the C-7, he has an RG7321 a 7 prestige, he's also owned a Washburn WG587(damn good guitar) and I've played his and many other lads guitars and I put this up there with guitars worth more than 4 times the price of this. If this was stolen I'd try and get another one of these but if I was gonna spend that much cash, I'd probably save for one of the C-7 Hellraisers with a floyd and EMGs. Though them agiles look good value for money so I'd give them a peek too. One thing I'm doing with this guitar though is putting an evh d-tuna on the Bridge to drop the B to an A and fit a tremol-no so it can have a floating and fixed trem.

I got this two months after a friend of mine got a C-7, his is falling apart right now, the tuners came flying of one day while we were jamming and landed on the drummers snare. His pickups are a little frazzled by the sounds of things and the neck is all warped and crap. But mine is still running straight, true and sounding sexy. I don't know why his is all damaged but flip knows this thing is running like a tank. I would gig this thing without a back up cos I know the wiring and the pups are solid, but the fact that it's a Floyd Rose and I wouldn't feel right without a back up. The strap buttons on my guitar have come out, but a match, screwdriver and a bit of glue and it was golden again.

When I got this, it was set up well, was intonated, in tune and the action was set nice and low but high enough to lose the buzz. It looks stunning, I love the contoured top, it sits nice against your forearm when you're playing and the double cut gives you miles of access up high. This thing also gets your dimebag squeals and screams. I particularly like the finish on the neck, it has a gothic cross inlay which just looks great and gives it a serious amount of character. I've had this guitar for 3 years now and the only issue I'm having is the satin/matte finish is wearing away on the top, but the gloss underneath is coming through and I actually like it. If only I could get it uniform on the whole top.

I have the 7 string Diamond Demon. It was made in 2008, it's got 24 extra jumbo frets on a 26.5inch scale rosewood fretboard and it's a nice thin/fast maple neck. It's body is made of Basswood, it's got a Floyd Rose trem and I have the 7 string version with the Duncan designed active HB-105 pickups, which I think are just as good as emgs, just without the price. The finish is a matte black, or satin black finish. It has master tone and master volume controls and a 3 way Switch to choose your pickup. The tuners say Schecter on the back so I'm guessing they are own brand, which isn't so bad since Schecter started by making parts for guitars and since it's got the locking nut, they don't really need to hold tuning. It came with a 10ft cable and a bar for the tremolo but if it didn't I'd be less than friggin happy.

SamMetalGuitar
    .:Rodrigo:. wrote: can it handle a drop c?
    [ yes, of course, it can handle even A standard i have this guitar and it's ****ing amazing, not only for the money i've spent on it
    blackjeans183
    Has anyone else noticed that you'd have to be simple not to notice that the two pics are of differant guitars. The large has a floyd rose and the other has no tremelo system at all lmao
    Kingtigar
    I have this guitar and it is far from amazing, just alright. Weighs a ton and is pretty bulky in comparison to ltd's for example. The selector switch came off not long after purchasing it and the sound is kind of stale.
    mydian
    I had a Damien 6, not sure how it compares as I think it's a cheaper (the Damien) but it was a good solid guitar that I used every day for almost 2 years with no problems. Schecter makes good guitars. But I could never get used to the thick neck so I traded it on another Ibanez. The quality of the Ibby sucks, but it plays much nicer.
    alertninja1
    @ unregistered - It took you 5 hours to set up the action?? were you rotating the screws at 1 rpm? lol.