Demon review by Schecter

Schecter: Demon

I mostly play metalcore, hardcore, hard rocks. Heavy breakdowns and palm muting and all. BFMV, Breaking Benjamin, August Burns Red. Drop tunings sound good. Harmonics are picked up well even by the neck pickup. I use it through a Korg AX3000G and headphones or a cheap solid state amp for which I have made a different patch and sounds good. It sounds a mid muddy but suits me and my style. Cleans sound good as well. Believe it or not I played some eagles slow solos and the guitar felt right at home.

Overall its really great for the money. Buy it if you play metal or rock or are versatile.

It is built like a tank. Its really heavy and the built quality is really brilliant. Fit and finish are good, no rough edges. Satin finish is really great. You can't go wrong with the built quality period. I will easily gig without a backup, but will always keep a backup if strings break but that can happen with any guitar.

Factory set up was good. A bit of fret buzz in low tunings, but that's probably because I was using .9 -.42 Super Slinkies. Change of gauge was welcome. Otherwise everything was good

I am not sure about the year but I bought it sometime in may this year (2012) from a renown dealer so I would guess its pretty up to date. It has 24 jumbo frets and the neck is made of maple with rosewood fretboard, pretty smooth. The inlays are really cool; gothic cross, and mine has them really dark unlike the pics I see which has its understated charm. Finish is high quality satin (matt) black. String through setup. Active Duncan Designed pickups (HB-105) are brilliant. Tuners are non locking and hold there tune. I got a lot of accessories as well, strap, case, picks, cable etc.

ameyjichkar
    How will this guitar sound if i changed the pickups to EMTY Blackouts? will it make a difference? or should i go for the active EMGs? anyone tried it yet?
    crustydemon13
    i just got my new Demon 6 (fixed bridge). When ever i play little hard its high E string or 6th string starts buzzing. i tried adjusting bridge and truss rod but it didnt work. Can any one give any solution.
    Arnaud86280
    Hy everybody, Thanx for all the good news about the Demon 7 FR... So..., want to know one fact : can you put EMG 81-7 and 85-7 in this guitar ? Thanx in advance. Sincerely.