Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Purchased from: Americanmusical.com

This guitar is made for metal, which is good because all I play is metal, I'm using a Vox AD100VT-Xl high gain amplifier, and a Boss GE-7 graphic equalizer in the effects loop, and a Dunlop Classic Crybaby running from guitar to amp. The EMG pickups are silentwhile muting, there isnt much use for this guitar if you don't play metal or heavier rock.

Again I play all different types of metal, from Lamb Of God to Slayer, Metallica you get the point. I have been playing 2 years and I have owned a couple of Ibanez guitars which I have since sold, I tried out a Jackson DK2 before buying this and a few Ibanez RGs and Schecter Hellraisers, and a Schecter Tempest Custom before buying this guitar none came close. If I could change one thing about this guitar it would be that the neck was made from a different wood other than mahogany.

Seems really durable, it withstands live playing, the controls seem strong, tuners are good, locking tuners would be nice though, I would use it without a backup and I have. The finish will most likely wear over time, scratches show up easy, fingerprints too, but overall it's pretty solid.

The action was high from the factory, the pickups needed adjusting, I had my guitar tech set this guitar up to my liking, everything else on the guitar was good, I had to send 2 guitars back though due to manufacturing flaws, dents and scratching, American musical was great, the best place to buy gear online!

2008 Schecter Devil Custom, made in south korea, 24 jumbo frets, ebony fretboard, mahogany neck. This guitar has a mahogany body and a solid burl maple top, Active EMG 81/85 humbucking pickups, grover tuners and a string -thru body, has 2 volume controls and 1 tone control 3-way selector switch.

themelodicdeathshow
    As far as too metal wannabe lol, dude i dont wannabe metal i am metal, and yes hellraisers are in the diamond series!!! And the guitar is badass it sells for 749.00 now but if u look hard enough you will find a sight that sells all schecter guitars way cheaper than anywhere else.
    Lefty27
    This guitar is amazing, I didnt like it at first... But after a while, it grew on my me. I almost like it more than my Hellraiser C-7. This guitar is so easy to play that even a beginner would become excellent after one short year of playing this extremely light weight beauty! Nevermind the dudes review!!! Like I said, I didnt like it at first either... Give it a chance! The looks of it is amazing, you have to agree! It's an SG thats refined and shaved down to Metal perfection(SG's a way bigger than this, so how can it look pregnant?). It's also SCHECTER quality, I give this guitar at least a 9.5 out of 10. I've been playing for 17 years, and Im not just reviewing this, I own one. The frets are easy to reach, the sound is phenominal... What more can I say! SCHECTER RULES!
    King_Dime
    This guitar looks awesome. I bought mine because it doesn't look like everything else. Its got attitude.
    ITZanna!
    The guitar looks great! Don't know why you guys don't like it. It sounds to me like this is quite the metal machine. Who doesn't like metal? PEACE!
    themelodicdeathshow
    I just want to ad i have the blood red burst not the weird orange color on the picture look at the second pic this is is a sic guitar!!!
    s-o-u-l-f-l-y
    filthylittleboy wrote: a) diamond series guitars just suck arse. b) if it were a superstrat, I would be all over it, and since it's not, i'm gonna stick to hellraisers. I can set up any guitar to feel erotic while playing
    a) Arn't Hellraisers part of the diamond series? b) I too like superstrats. c) I own a guitar no one can set up to a good standard
    s-o-u-l-f-l-y
    Vypor wrote: i generally dont like shitcters but id play that. looks sweet.
    Ok dud what do u play?
    filthylittleboy
    brewerbumsen
    The body shape looks great to me, as a lefty guitarist. Personally, anything that I can flip and play lefty just the same as a lefty guitar would be, I'll take it. I've always loved Schecters, though. As far as the action, that can easily be taken care of, as well as the pick-ups. I would buy this, if it weren't 650..
    Vypor
    i generally dont like shitcters but id play that. looks sweet.
    ascendancy2
    yeah it looks too thin on the top, too fat on the bottom, but schecters are the tits though.
    gerardk
    Not really keen on the body shape but it sounds like a good guitar