Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Purchased from: Ebay

I play rock, metal, and punk thru a Marshall 8200 Valvestate. I use analogman/boss distortion, phase shifter, delay, wah. This guitar rocks! Acoustically its super loud and live. I feel like I'm in stereo when I play through my practice amp at home. Sounds good with the EMG's, thick and smooth, but I'm thinking about throwing in some seymours for a little extra grit. The guitar itself sounds great and has a nice rock quality that I really like. It's like an SG but better.

The Schecter Devil Custom is a metal machine. No the neck isn't paper thin for soloing for 10 hours; It has girth for pounding out killer riffs and is fast and snappy for solos. I personally like the way it looks. I'm sick of Strats and SGs. I do like the way Ibanez guitars look but, um, they suck. So if you're looking for a metal guitar try it out. Play it for a while acoustically then plug it in and slam out some Slayer. You'll have a hard time finding another guitar that plays as well.

This is a sturdy guitar and will withstand the wrath of metal I will inflict upon it. I've had it for about 3 months. Schecters are well made instruments so reliability and durability shouldn't be a problem. Although I will be replacing the input jack, sometimes those suck and can screw with your tone.

The neck is super fast. It's thicker than most Schecters, but it doesn't even matter because it plays so well. Even though the neck has a C shape that's thicker than I like, the width of the fretboard is still pretty thin, getting wider going up the board. Pulloffs are super easy and the ebony fretboard just feels like it has a snap to it that make you play faster effortlessly. Mine is the Amber finish. The lighing in some of the photos I've seen make it like baby barf, but in reality it is more like a tobacco color. Very nice. The pointed horns are just killer. This guitar is alot lighter than I expected. Many people will say heavier guitars are better for sustain and what not but that is bs. This guitar will kick any Les Paul's ass on sustain.

Schecter Devil Custom. Made in S.Korea, 2007. * Construction: Set-Neck with Ultra Access * Body: Mahogany with Solid Burl Maple Top * Neck: 3-piece Mahogany * Scale: 25.5 inch * Fingerboard: Ebony * Frets: 24 Jumbo * Inlays: Devil Eye at 12th fret * Binding: Multi-ply (Neck & Headstock) * Pickups: Active EMG 81 and 85 * Electronics: 2 Volume knobs, 1 Tone knob and a 3-way pickup switch * Bridge: TonePros Thru-Body * Tuners: Grover * Hardware: Black Chrome

Cheeseman Jay
    Lefty27 : Sorry bout the mistake... "It grew on me" Not "my me" LOL.
    This made me chuckle. Anyway, I like the sound of this guitar