Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, I'm learning AC/DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica songs and style, I have not developed my own style yet. I have a Marshall MG100 amp and effects pedals are Boss SD1 overdrive and Blues driver, DigiTech death metal. Sound is great from bright highs to deep lows. Bends and Slides are so sweet and easy thanks to the Ebony fretboard.

This was my first real guitar and is easy to play, sounds great and looks Devilicous. Schecter are the only manufacturer who make their guitars in left handed version's. I've been learning for about five years, I now also have a Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty and an Epiphone Tony Iommi G400 Lefty plus my first guitar an Ashton which is my learning guitar. The Devil, Razorback and G400 are in a similar price bracket and each have their own sound, I could not pick one over the other. I do recommend this guitar to you, if you like the look and sound of it, I think they have stopped making them but 2nd hand it would be a good buy. I love the ebony fretboard, it is my favourite feature and I would buy this guitar again. It is great value for the money.

The Devil is fairly tough I have dropped it once on a wooden floor and the only damage was a 1" crack in the lacquer. The Devil still looks and sounds great after 3 years of use. I only play for my own enjoyment and to drown out the neighbors hiphop with an extended version of Iron Man. The only problem I have had is the knobs are coming loose and I cannot see any way of tightening them up, if they get too loose I will put a dab of glue on them on the cavity side. Also the 9volt battery for the active EMGs has been replaced twice but not for a while as I disconnect the lead when not using the guitar now.

This Guitar looks and feels great and is lighter than it looks. The finish is awesome the Blood Red Burst looks great, the body shape is comfortable and very functional with the horn cutaways giving easy access to the 24th fret and the Beveled back gives a comfortable fit and the Ebony fretboard is so silky smooth slides and bends flow effortlessly.

I got my Blood Red Burst Devil in 07 or 8 it is a Lefty so was a special order from Korea though Schecter USA, I had to wait about 5 or 6 months for it to be built and shipped to N.Z. It is an SG style and has quality components, Grover tuners, Active EMGs, string through body bridge and an Ebony fret board that is so silky smooth with 24 jumbo frets.

The8thPlague
    filthylittleboy wrote: a) diamond series guitars just suck arse. b) if it were a superstrat, I would be all over it, and since it's not, i'm gonna stick to hellraisers. I can set up any guitar to feel erotic while playing
    dude ive got two diamond series a c1 classic and this in the amberburst. The pics suck on this quitar but it i sbette rin eprson. Diamon series dotn suck which ones are you playing? Everyone is entitled to their opinion not tryin start soemthin so yeah
    BRB Devil
    I have fixed the loose knobs on my Devil, if you have the same problem you will need a very small hex key to remove the knob and an 11 mil or 7/16 spanner to tighten the nut. Since i mainly use the bridge pickup i swapped the P/U vol knob positions at the same time. A set of Power Slinkys and my new setup and the Devil plays and sounds devilicous. My overall rating for the Devil is now a 9. Price playability sound and quality components make the Devil one of the best value for money lefty guitars available.