Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Purchased from: B&H Music

I play to a Fender 25 watt and Peavey vypir 15 watt (for accent) through a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion and BF-3 Flanger and a Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal. It took some tweaking, but after a little work it was perfect. The Bridge pickup is high gain, so you gotta watch it when you've got the distortion on or you'll get some static. I play mostly Deathcore and Death Metal and I have to say, the guitar was weird to me at first. The neck pickup is a little bassy, but tweak the volume knob back on that one and it sounds great. Mainly when I end up playing rhythm I set both pickups on and cut the neck to half volume for a good clean low sound and I save the neck alone for fast solos and sweeping. Pretty much enough power to blast anything through whatever your amp has.

This thing is named after the f--king devil. I think It works perfectly for me. The Blood Red Burst finish is much more beautiful than the Amber Burst and I'm glad it's what I got. This thing is my baby and I love it endlessly. Lots of people find it difficult to play just because it's so unique. Ever since I tried it out though, I knew it was the right one for me. It's just perfect for me. I often find myself looking at it hanging on my wall and thinking "That beautiful hellish piece of musical machinery is mine" and it gives me this jolt of energy that it takes someone who's experienced it to understand. If this were stolen, I'd hunt the man down who stole it and make sure he never stole again. The first time I saw it, I walked to a wall with a Schecter Riot and Schecter C-1 Custom hanging next to it. Both of which are amazing guitars, but this one called to me. I picked it up and started playing and was instantly in love with the feel and sound. There was no comparison, it had to be mine. Eventually, it was.

This guitar is definitely tough and will last a long time. The finish is thick and solid and I don't doubt it'll last for a very ling time. I've never had a problem with the strap buttons, but I always advise you get straplocks just in case. I'd totally take this thing on gig without a backup without second thoughts at all. It'll last.

I got this secondhand from a guitar shop, so it was already a little altered from factory settings, so I can't say much for that.But the guitar was in great condition. The pickup casings were a little chipped from guitar shop use though. The entire thing overall was great though.

Ok, what we have here is one very beautiful guitar. Mahogany body with a solid burl maple top for a beautiful look. It's got a 3-pc thru body neck with an ebony fingerboard which feels absolutely dreamy. Grover tuners and a TonePros thru body bridge. The active 81/85 pickups make for the perfect configuration in my rig.

scarter1192
    "Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, I'm learning AC/DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica songs and style, I have not developed my own style yet. I have a Marshall MG100 amp and effects pedals are Boss SD1 overdrive and Blues driver, DigiTech death metal." Could no longer take the review seriously after reading this. lol
    PUNKSTER93
    c0m2011 wrote: it looks like a pregnant sg
    hmm... i wonder who the dad that pregnated her?
    PUNKSTER93
    PUNKSTER93 wrote: hmm... i wonder who the dad that pregnated her?
    *who's* *impregnated*
    themelodicdeathshow
    Fucking wish I still had this, killer guitar, neck takes some getting used to but plays like a dream, and looks like medieval weaponry
    mrigsby44
    i just bought the Devil Custom used,dude it plays great,the electronics are kina cheap...but the neck thru sustain is well worth the money,i hate the discontinued it...i'd have like to had a new out of the box one,it all good tho' it's got a montster sound thru my 150 watt line 6 head pushing thru a b- 52 4by 12 cab,i own 2 les paul's a prs and they all great for what i use them for,but i needed a monster sound so i played this one at the local music store and was hooked!!!i think i be trying more schecter guitars...!