Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Purchased from: music store

I play just about every genre of music, been playing 30 yrs., but this guitar was built for mostly shredding and metal, pretty good for classic rock too..will get a slightly clean sound, but it puurrfect for my metal style of writing.I use a Line 6 valve head with Line 6 board, with wah/vol. Pedal running thru a B-52 4x12 cab..really thick sound, is what I like. The guitar does not feedback, and has no hum or noise even at gigs, very loud..thee guitar can get a brite or thick full sound, just depends on amp settings..the guitar is just plain out made for metal or heavy classic rock..wicked guitar period!

I have 2 Les pauls a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti, a top of the line Kramer, and for the style of music I play and write this is the best guitar I own..my favorite feature is the Devil Horns and body style, guitar is heavy so if you don't like the weight of a Les Paul, this is probably heavier than the Pauls, but it's solid to the core and worth the weight..if it we're stolen I would search the world over to try and replace it..they've been dicontinued, so it would be hard to find one...

The guitar guitar will withstand any giging conditions, that are expected out of a giging instrument. Does not break strings graph-tech nut is perfect for this guitar.the hardware has lasted 3 yrs. So I would think it will last many more, strap buttons are solid..I would take it to a gig without a back-up, if you keep the fretboard oiled the strings will last several gigs and keep their tone! If you keep the Devil polished and wiped off after every gig or playing Session the finish will last indefinitly...

Bought the guitar used, so it was set-up and ready to rock! The guitar was well taken care of and has no loose fitting parts or noisey pups.pups we're set to perfection, guitar was properly routed and body was perfect no oxidizing of hardware so far frets are still in excellant condition, and from what I understand this was a giging guitar the tuning pegs are still tight after three years! Saddle is perfectly fitted! No complaints here, although there are a few bumps a brusies, it's still a beautiful guitar.if you can find one get it for Gods sake!

This Devil was made in 08, it's korean. It has 24 frets with a ebony fretboard. It has a burl maple top, mohogany neck and body with a quilted top. Double cutaway with devil horns on the headstock.the bridge is a TOM string thru body, it has active pups very good on the battery, long lasting, just unplug guitar to save battery life! 2 vol. knobs and 1 tone, very good eletronics.. It has 2 EMG pups bidge 81 neck 85, very HOT pups, they will cut thru anything..it has Grover tuners, very accurate and stays in tune, no matter the attack.came with a Road Runner case..