Devil Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Devil Custom

Plain and simple. This guitar is a beast. It has a very wide range of styles from classical to death metal. I use a Line 6 spyder IV 75 watt and the tone from the Mahogany will push through even the highest gain you can throw at it. The harmonics sing loud and proud as if they were sung by angels and the low end is tight and aggressive.

When I was at guitar center looking for a new guitar, I was honestly looking for a Schecter Hellraiser. I played several Schecters and a few Gibsons before I stubled across this Schecter. I am mostly a Rock and metal player so this guitar really caught my attention. I was in love with it the moment I saw it. The way it sounded, how smooth it played (despite the screwed up pickup height)and how well it was crafted. If it were stolen, yes I would buy it again, even if I had to pay more. If you can find this instrument anywhere, new or used, buy it. You will not be disappointed.

At first glance, this guitar looks like it weighs a ton, but it doesn't. It is actually fairly light, consideribly lighter than a Gibson Les Paul. It's small body size makes it ideal for playing on stage, although I replaced the stock strap buttons with Schaller locking buttons. The Devil Custom might look delicate, but its really a tank. I have fairly limited space in my home and occasionally with knock it up against something. After a year and a half of that, it still looks like new. The Pickups are something else. They fire right up the moment you plug the guitar in.

I bought this guitar used from a guitar center and I must say, whomever owned this instrument before me did a poor job with the set up. On how many guitar in a guitar center do you see the bridge pickup let alone an EMG pickup pushed up against the strings? Since I set my guitars up myself, this was a fixable flaw.I must say, after getting everything squared away with the intonation and action, This guitar sounds absolutely amazing. The finish is a dark green burst and looks killer. The neck is a bit more beefy than most Schecter necks and the ebony fretboard looks super clean and plays very smooth. This guitar is the only one to date that I have not cut my finger on a loose fret. Overall, I'm very impressed.

- Set Neck w/ Ultra access - Solid Burl Maple top - 25 1/2" scale - 24 jumbo frets - Mahogany Body - 3-piece Mahogany Neck w/ Ebony fretboard - String-Thru Body - Active EMGs (81 bridge and 85 neck) - Grover tuners - Tune-O-Matic bridge - 3 way pickup switch - Metal tone/volume knobs - Made in South Korea