Gryphon review by Schecter

Schecter: Gryphon

Purchased from: guitar center in arlington heights

I love the sound it produces. Most of the effects I use are on the amp, but it's still got a good sound. Kind of like a Les Paul sound. My amp is a crate 65-watt. It's got a lot of effects and 2 o/d modes. It can be noisy, but only if you want it to be. It can be set (with my amp) to any setting or tone you want. The guitar sounds are limited mostly to what effects you use w/ your fingers, but the amp quality is great.

I personally play all kinds of rock on this thing from Nirvana to Ozzy to just about everything else. This is my only electric, of course I've only been playing since January. If it were lost, I wouldn't buy it again only because I can't afford another one. I love everything about this guitar. When I started playing it, it just felt natural for my fingers. I do wish it had more tone knobs though.

I play this thing 35 hours a week. If it can stand that, it can definitely stand live playing even for 7 hours straight is my guess. I have a problem w/ the strap buttons though. The one on the horn keeps falling out. I think it's just this specific guitar though.

Everything as far as the settings on the guitar are good so far, so it's really good in this area.

This guitar is a wonderful thing for me. It is my first guitar, so I like alot. It's got 24 larger frets for begginers, though it's not htat much of a difference. Rosewood neck. Laminated top. I'm not sure about the body wood though. It's got a Strat design type body. One amazingly cool/helpful feature is that the strings go through the body, so it's easy to change strings. The electronics are somewhat active, and it's got a volume knob, a push-pull coil tab, and a 3-way selector. It's got good pickups. There's a case that comes with. It's soft on the inside (fake fur type material), and it's a metal case on the outside. It also came with a strap, but I don't like the way that the strap button is placed on the horn.