Gryphon review by Schecter

Schecter: Gryphon

I mostly play 80s thrash, though pretty much any type of rock. It can go from a straight up crunch, to having a very bassy muff. It even has half-decent cleans when i need them. I play it through a Boss DS-1 and a Behringer GMX212 with very little hum, which i think is mostly the amp. the pickups aren't exactly EMGs, but still have a nice full sound.

This guitar suits my almost every need. I definitely prefer this over my Strat, and i am satisfied completely. If it was stolen, I would get another Schecter or similar guitar. Nearly everything is perfect! I chose this over some Ibanez s and ESP s, and i am really happy i did

This seems to be a pretty tough axe, and it can stand up to gigging. The hardware and strap locks seem hard enough to last awhile, and you could definitely gig this without backup. The finish is rock solid, and probably wont ever wear out.

I bought it used, which accounts for the low price. the back is pretty scratched up, with a big nasty hole near the input jack. But other than that, the finish is perfect. It doesn't seem like its going to look beat up any time soon. The Action is pretty good, with a tiny bit of fret buzz on the lower strings near the third fret. It is there, but is not enough to really notice. Other than that, the hardware is fine, and nothing seems outh of place

This is a Limited Edition Schecter Gryphon. I believe it is a mahogany body with a quilt maple top. Based how you are looking at it, it can appear dark red or brown. It has a 24 fret neck with a Standard Strat 'c' shape. The body itself is also Strat shaped. It has a TonePros bridge and string-thru body. It has two Duncan Designed Humbuckers with coil tapping. It only has three controls-tone, volume, and a three way pickup selector. The tuners are Grover, and stay in tune pretty well.

distortion896
    muffman1283 wrote: Would anyone reccomend the gryphon over the omen 6?
    definately. the omen 6 has a basswood body, but the gryphon is mahogany with a maple top, which is by far superior
    swordsofplague
    i have both the gryphon and the damien-FR. in terms of overall versatility, sound, and durability, the gryphon annihilates the damien. however, the damien has served me well for shows. i never gig without my trusty gryphon behind me though. if the gryphon breaks, gig's over, because that just means the gig wasn't meant to happen.