Gryphon review by Schecter

Schecter: Gryphon

I can honestly say that this guitar is the greatest guitar I have ever had the pleasure to play. The sound is so versatile! It was the first guitar I owned, and frankly I'm kind of sad about it. I always pictured myself having a crappy guitar and then buying an awesome one, but I seriously can't find anything better. I play a lot of metal, but I also do a lot of John Mayer stuff and it just plays exceptionally and handles so well on all of it. I feel like the sound up on the higher frets is pretty thin, but that's just the electronics, and for being the stock pups, they don't disappoint. I'm using it on a Roland MicroCube, and I can get pretty much any sound I want on it. My friend who owns a Fender MIM Stratocaster was jealous of my 200 dollar Schecter. That's gotta say something.

Overall, this guitar is a GREAT choice and a great value. For 200 bucks it is the finest guitar I have ever seen or played. Obviously it's not going to compare with other higher priced guitars, but it is definitely worth much more than what I payed. I would definitely buy another if it were stolen, IF I could find one. I heard they were discontinued recently, so it might be tough to find.

This guitar is pretty well suited for live playing, But I wouldn't bring it out without a backup. I love it and it has a great sound, but the strap buttons are funky and the input jack has had it's fair share of problems. I've dropped the guitar a few times and all it has to show is a small chip in the bottom, but it's really just cosmetic and doesn't bother me.

This guitar was set up like a dream. The action fits me so well! It has a VERY low action, so it is very good for fast style metal riffs. The pickups were adjusted very well, I've had almost no problems with this guitar at all. The only thing that has happened is that the wires in the input jack came a little loose, but with some soldering equipment you can fix it in just about 5 minutes. That being said, everything else is perfect. One thing I want to point out is the neck of the guitar. I have never felt a neck that plays smoother than this one. I seriously feel as if I am playing on butter.

I'm pretty sure that this guitar was made in 2005 in South Korea. It's got 24 frets, rosewood fretboard with Abalone Dot inlays. Transparent Black Flame Maple top. It's a super Strat with a string-thru body. It's also got coil-tapping on the tone knob. Two humbucker pickups with a three way switch. Nothing out of the ordinary.

hal.hagan
    I picked up one of these (used) at the Guitar Center in Tonawanda, near Buffalo, New York. For what I paid, I'm thoroughly delighted - great tone, great sustain, this is a really great guitar, stays in tune for ages, comfortable body standing or seated and the finish is beautiful. I've got nothing but good to say about it, best $130 I've ever spent, and if I ever had to replace it, I would in a heartbeat.
    RaisingCain199
    If this guitar had a set-neck, it would be perfect.the guitar, while exceedingly rare, plays beautifully. The only problem is that as it ages, the neck takes a lot of fine adjustments, and eventually, you may run out of adjustment. Also, this is the most durable guitar ever. Don't even argue the point, it just is.