Hellraiser Deluxe review by Schecter

Schecter: Hellraiser Deluxe

Purchased from: musiciansfriend

It's perfect for metal and hard rock. The pickups scream and sound amazing. I'm playing it through a Fender Frontman 212R and a BBE Maxcom Compressor/Limiter/Maximizer and a DigiTech RP80 through the effects loop. It's noisy when I use the high gain setting on the amp but I'm sure that's the amp. I've run it through the RP80 through the front of the amp and it's quiet, it's not noisy at all. The notes ring out great without being muddy. The cleans are great too, pristine sounding and not harsh at all.

I was playing metal and it was perfect, I play more rock now and I've found myself switching to my other Schecter with DiMarzio PAF Pro and Super Distortion. To my ears, the Dimarzios sing while the EMGs scream. I've been playing for 17 years, I own a Kustom Quad Jr. Halfstack, Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head, the Schecter Damien 6 and the Schecter B-52... If it were lost or stolen I'd definitely replace it. I love the finish, it's so much nicer than the pictures online show. It's my favorite feature on the guitar, There's nothing I hate on this guitar. I compared it to the Hellraiser 006 but I couldn't get that one out here, I almost got the She Devil but I wanted the EMG pickups. The only thing I wish it had was Spertzel Locking Tuners but I'll have those put in when I get back to the states.

It's very sturdy, the input jack has held up, the knobs have held up just fine as well as the strap buttons. Nothing has needed tightening and I've had it for 6 months now. I've gigged with it a couple times and it hasn't let me down. I would never play a gig without a backup just in case strings broke or I needed alternate tunings but if I had to, I wouldn't be worried about the guitar itself failing me. It seems like it will last a very long time.

The guitar was set up good, the action was a bit high but the intonation was right on. The action was easy to fix though. I set it nice and low, readjusted the intonation in all of ten minutes. All the controls were tight and feel firm and quality. They're not loose and nothing on this guitar feels cheap.

Made in 2009, I don't know where it was made. It comes with 24 jumbo frets, the neck is nice and thin. A little thicker than an ESP F-250 but much thinner than the Schecter Damien 6. The body and neck is Mahogany and the fretboard is rosewood. The finish is gorgeous, a deep red that fades out to black around the edges. The pictures don't do it any justice. The tune-o-matic style bridge is nice, you don't have to loosen the strings to change the intonation and it stays in tune nicely once the strings are broken in. The EMG active 81/85 set is included and it comes with Grover tuners.

asfastasdark
    I now have pictures of my Schecter Hellraiser in my profile. As you can see there, the color is very different than the color in the picture here.
    solidsnakec33
    i just went from a laguna something to this and it blew my socks off i see why it was only $500 cuz of no locking neck and no tremolo whatsoever but those emgs.....(insert heavenly music)
    Khaos5191
    When sun or nice lighting hits this guitar, it explodes into a gorgeous red. I went from an Ibanez RG series (forgot exact model) and haven't looked back.