Hellraiser Solo 6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Hellraiser Solo 6

This guitar is perfectly suited for metal and screams deep tone. The active pickups surprisingly deliver great cleans. The coil taps for each pickup allow a single coil humbucker sound, which is a cool feature, but I don't find it useful. The stock D'addario strings are a limiting factor on this guitar, and should be switched out. As soon as I switched the string to DRs, the sound was a lot clearer and had a much better tone for metal.

If you play any form of hard rock and metal, this guitar is for you. If you want a clean tone as well, this performs equally as good. If this guitar was stolen. I would go berserk and hunt someone down, but I would definitely buy it again. Schecter makes great guitars.

For $750, this guitar is a steal. I would put this guitar up against any guitar that costs 3-4 times as much. It's a heavy guitar, and it reflects is durability. My guitar strap accidentally came loose and the guitar fell to the ground. I picked it up, not a scratch, ding, or scuff found and maintained its tuning perfectly. I can definitely see myself using this guitar on stage, it's an awesome guitar and holds up against the big boys.

The neck needs to be adjusted a little but to get rid of the minor fret buzzing I got using drop tunings. A small adjustment will make this axe ready to play buzz free. This guitar also maintains its tune great. The neck is somewhat thick, but it works great for me, as I have larger hands. The neck of this guitar is one of the reasons why I bought this guitar. The finish on this guitar is absolutely beautiful. It's red quilted maple top with its silver outline is a great color combination. It's built for metal, and it's design fits it perfectly.

This is a new model guitar from Schecter. It is a 24 extra jumbo fret guitar on a 25.5" scale. It has a solid mahogany body and neck with a rosewood fretboard with gothic cross inlays. It has a set neck and string-thru body style. It is equipped with EMG 81TW/89 with coil-taps on the volume knobs. It has Schecter locking tuners.

xophrax
    I agree. I have the Hellraiser Avenger FR in black cherry, and its beautiful!!! My perfect guitar. (With Blackouts, I found the EMG's a bit muddy
    MacMan2001
    MrPizza1992
    this guitar is great! not really for bluesy rock. it can pull it off but its more of a metal guitar
    MrPizza1992
    also i got the limited edition green finish and it is the most beautiful guitar ive ever seen! it sounds great. my strap hasnt come loose yet and overall it draws alot of attention. i would give it a ten
    MacMan2001
    Cheers MrPizza, I read contrasting reviews. Someone who owns one says it's great for blues, so I guess it's subjective. I'm gonna try n get one off thomann.de and find out (Y)
    MeLodicDethMTL
    This thing is seriously the shizzz. Uber heavy tone n all. Only thing I dun like is the neck. Would b a kickass shred guitar if it had a neck like the C1 models
    axelvedder
    DropC09 wrote: Im getting one this weekend! I have already played it in store and thought it was the sweetest thing in the joint haha call me bias, but I prefer it over an eclipse or a lower end les paul. It handles the variety a little better and at a way better price!
    How do you compare solos neck with the eclipses neck? are they the same o are they different?
    uncere4ever
    MacMan2001 wrote: How is it for bluesy rock like White Stripes and The Cult with those EMGs? Also, would normal rock sound ok, not too distorted?
    It has a the push/pull coil taps to give you a single coil tone if you want it. It makes it pretty versatile..
    DropC09
    Yeah I definitely like this guitar way more than an eclipse... The over all feel and sound fits my definition of kickass.
    DropC09
    For any one who is interested, I am selling my Schecter Solo-6 Hellraiser. I need to up grade to something with a floyd rose...
    BornOfBoredom
    got this guitar its so sick.i just need a good distortion pedal to really make it scream!!
    jspirit
    I just got my guitar and it play perfectly. Compared to my fender starcaster