Hollywood Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: Hollywood Classic

Purchased from: Guitarguitar

This guitar sounds great and handles everything I throw at it with ease. The pick-ups have real bite and easily handle aggressive rock and metal. It has awesome natural sustain. Even when not plugged-in, if I strum it you can hear the natural resonance of the instrument. This is more than just a rock monster as with the coil tap and other controls I have been able to get every sound I wanted. It continually surprises me and I just love the way the strings ring on clean settings. One of the best and most adaptable I have played.

I am back playing after a long break and have bonded with this guitar in a way I never did with my USA Strat or other guitars in the past. It is everything I could wanted and more than expected. Maybe it won't handle trad jazz but I have a semi-acoustic for that It does everything else from clean blues and rock, to the heaviest metal and through to experimental rock. OK the solid constriction means its heavy but I'd rather have that than skimp on other elements that make it my favourite out of several guitars that I own. Everyone will have their own personal favourites when it comes to style but I think it looks beautiful IMHO. Looks aside it is the quality and refusal to compromise on the design that make me rank it up there with the best. If you get the chance to try one just check through all the sounds and you will see what I mean.

Its built like a tank, everything seems solid and the quality of the construction is obvious. The electronics are of good quality and well tested in Schecter's other models. The only thing that some might find off-putting is that this is a very solidly built, which makes it heavy so it gets a 9 rather than 10.

Nothing to complain about. It played well out of the box. The neck is clean and fast. The fret board gets slightly wider towards the body. That makes it easier for me to play accurate and fast high up. As I said earlier I like ebony fret boards. The only change I have made was to set the pick-ups up the way I like them but that is just because of my personal taste.

This guitar has a great spec. I was looking for something that was well made and adaptable as I play all sorts of music. I was impressed with Schecter reviews and with a C-1 Plus, that I had played not long before my purchase. It has a mahogany body with solid flamed maple wings. It also has a neck-Thru design, with 25.5" scale. The neck is multi-laminate maple. The fingerboard is ebony, which is what I prefer, it has 24 Jumbo frets and it "Schecter Crest" at 12th fret. There are dot markers along the top of the neck so you always know where you are. The Seymour Duncan SH-11/SH-1N passive pick-ups are superb, especially when combined with the high sustain construction. It only has one volume and once control but this makes life easy and when this is combined with the coil tap and 3-way toggle it gives an awesome range of sounds. The tone-pros bridge and thru-body string system add to the sustain. It has grover locking tuners, creme binding on the neck and headstock and chrome Hardware. Mine is a beautiful transparent red model and all have a distinctive wide clear strip through the centre so that you can see the maple thru-neck construction. If you asked me to specify the features that I would like in a guitar I probably would have come up with this.

jhart08
    Rarely do I see a new guitar that looks this sharp. Nice on shecter, but seriously, be objective on you reviews! All 10's? You mean that everyone in the world should pick up this guitar and taste a little piece of heaven?
    bustapr
    uh, what?
    Inversemetal
    Air_Stryker wrote: very solidly built, which makes it heavy @Inversemetal Try reading the review?
    I know man, i commented too fast haha, sorry.
    carlmagnus9
    stevo_92 wrote: There goes UG trying to sell us something
    There goes a troll trying to troll us something
    M3AK
    Haha, I almost bought this. Like the EXACT GUITAR. I played it in the Edinburgh guitarguitar store like a month ago. Unfortunately my budget got blown in half and had to settle for a damien-elite.
    redcthulhu
    Played one in my local music shop. It's not too overly-heavy, but you'll definitely feel it if you stand up with a strap and play for more than an hour or so.
    pinballer
    You mean that everyone in the world should pick up this guitar and share a little bit of heaven
    Definitely, it has it all.
    pinballer
    Zelos45 wrote: It has a mahogany body with solid flamed maple wings. Uhhh, what? for 575 euros? lol
    RRP is $1399 in the 2008 Schecter catologue
    black_buzzer
    I've been playing one of these as my main guitar for a couple of years. Like the reviewer says, solid as a rock, holds its tune, looks great on stage and handles everything you throw at it. 575 is a massive discount from the list price, I can't see what you could possibly buy that would be better for the money. A Mexican Strat doesn't come close. I've just laid out a huge wedge, for me, for a new Les Paul Standard. The LP is a better guitar, but there's not as much in it as you might expect, and in some areas the Schecter is better built. Yes it is.
    Zelos45
    It has a mahogany body with solid flamed maple wings.
    Uhhh, what? for 575 euros? lol
    csantiago0105
    Nice looking. I'd love it even more if the stripes were wine-colored and the rest of body yellow-creamed instead.