Loomis-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Loomis-FR

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play mostly metal so this guitar is perfect for me. I use a Randall RX120RH and RX412 amp and a Boss GT-10 Effects pedal. This guitar is so loud when you crank it up, it has a rich, full sound, it sounds amazing clean, and harmonics sound great, so, a great overall sound.

As I said before, I play mostly metal so this guitar is perfect for me. I've been playing for 3 years and I also own an ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000, a ESP LTD F-50, an IbanezSRX690DX Soundgear bass, ESP LTD F-155DX 5-string bass, a Behringer bass amp, a Randall guitar amp, and a Boss GT-10 guitar effects pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would want to replace it, but I wouldn't be able to afford it, and that's why I bought a case with a lock and a key so I'm the only one who can take it in and out of the case. I love the action, I love that it has 24 frets, and I love that it has a maple fretboard, and I can't really think of anything I hate about it. I didn't compare it to any other guitar because when I first saw it I fell in love with it, and I'm still in love.

I haven't played it live, but I'm pretty sure I could play it without a backup, the hardware is really good, I think it'll last quite a while, I had to put new strap buttons on it because the first day I got I was jamming and one of the buttons broke, but luckily I was able to catch it before it fell on the ground, and the finish is absolutely gorgeous.

It was set up very well, the pickups were (And still are) perfect, the bridge is perfect too, the action is excellent and the only two flaws were that the headstock had a little chip on it, but that doesn't effect how it plays or anything, so no big deal, and the other flaw is that I had to replace the strap buttons because one of them broke.

* CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 26.5" * BODY: Ash * NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Maple * FRETS: 24 Jumbo * INLAYS: Metal Cross * PICKUPS: Active EMG 707 * ELECTRONICS: Vol/3-Way switch * BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose 7 String Tremolo * TUNERS: Grover * HARDWARE: Black Overall I'm very happy with all of the features.

necromaniac
    I've played one one of these, it's a good guitar and it's highly playable. Just don't get the one with the floydrose, floydroses are tedious peices of shit and it's a high profile one at that and it gets on the way of your hand alot. save your money and buy one with a normal bridge.
    Grimriffer
    kurtebirdi wrote: is there a 6 string version?
    why would you want that? this is a loomis sig
    StereoDeth
    DO WANT! Much GAS here. ...can't decide which one though. New black version or the vampyre red satin? Black finish and maple fretboard = sexy! But the vampyre red finish with maple fretboard is pretty unusual (in a good way) and the wood grain looks sweet! So hard to decide. :/
    rami80
    i was just wondering does the finish on this thing wear quickly ??