Loomis-FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Loomis-FR

Purchased from: Sadek Music Center

I was surprised when I first plugged it in I was expecting to hear the annoying sound I've read the EMG's give off they are actually very clear and clean up when rolling the volume down. The guitar suits mainly all styles I even enjoyed playing blues on it but if you want to unleash its full potential crank up the distortion and you can hear the sound of destruction. I use this guitar with a Line 6 UX2 connected to a Fender Mustang IV 150 watts (I use the UX2 because I hate the amp's effects). I was able to get an amazing sound, the clean sounds bright and clear specially when the switch is in the middle position. The EMG's are less noisy then other pickups but when next to a PC they tend to pickup noise more then passive pickups.

I play many styles but I focus on jazz fusion and metal the guitar definitely suits the second more then the first but with some tweaking in the effects you can get a nice jazzy sound. I've been playing for 4 years I've owned a Jackson JS with a floyd, which I adore despite its an entry level guitar it rocks, I've owned a Fender Stratocaster which I sold out of hate. But the Loomis is in my opinion the best guitar I can own due to it amazing sound and playability. I wanted to get a Petrucci seven string but it just was not comfortable to play on. I just wish the EMG's were not soldered but connected with the quick connect system.

This guitar can without a doubt withstand live playing. I doubt the OFR will fail and the pickups are wired perfectly. As for the strap buttons I haven't had any problems with these things but I'm going to change them just in case. The finish looks like it will last unless you don't care of it a leave the sweat to dry.

The guitar was ready to play out of the box but I changed the action to my liking. The pickup height was just how I like it. The bridge was parallel. Yes the guitar was tuned when I bought it. I searched it a hundred times a couldn't find a finish flaw.

- Year: 2010 - 26.5 scale neck neck - Ash body - Neck: Maple Fingerboard: Maple - Frets: 24 extra jumbo - Metal Cross enlays - Pickups: EMG 707 (Bridge & Neck) - One volume no tone 3 way switch - 7 string OFR - Grover Tuners - Black chrome hardware I was able to get a free case the features overall are great (never used the tone nob). The neck is a bit thick but I prefer a bigger neck as it fits my hand better.

Dukey
    A friend of mine owns one of these and it's truly great, it sounds awesome...