Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I believe that the pickups could be replaced, but they should work nicely for beginner and even intermediate players. I play a lot of Metallica style music, and it sounds great on my Marshall VS8080.

I think this guitar is a great product at an affordable price. Don't get me wrong, this guitar may be the cheapest in the line, but it will rock on any occasion. The Omen 6 has great playability. It's neck is not too bulky, and not to skinny. I would recommend this guitar to any guitar player.

I think taht this guitar is very well-constructed and would be able to withstand anything you could do with it at a gig. This guitar is one that I believe was built to last. The only downside is the black finish; it shows every mark. But I do not blame the company for this because it is true of most black finishes.

The neck is nice and sturdy, even with it's bold-on construction. Nice black finish, and great action. A very comfortable guitar to hold. Not too heavy; I could play it for hours without getting a sore leg.

Nice guitar. Dual humbucker design. Basswood body. Bolt on maple neck with string-thru body tailpiece. 24 frets. Nice diamond tuners and chrome hardware.