Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

This guitar is very good for metal and hard rock. I have a Marshall 50dfx so I have much better tone and effects. I also have a Crate GX15 practice amp and when I played with my first Epiphone Les Paul there was feedback, and when I played with my Schecter, there was also feedback so I assumed that the feedback was coming from my amp, so no problems with this guitar. This Schecter has a good cruchy sound on distortion and is really clear when you play without distortion.

This is my favorite guitar along with my Epiphone Les Paul. I play a wide variety of rock, from led Zeppelin to Metallica. This guitar is perfect! I've been playing for 4 years now. This guitar is only $300! This is probably the best guitar you can get for the price. I recommend this guitar to any body at any level.

So far I've played with my band which is incomplete, but practice is still the best with this guitar. To me all the hardware will last a lifetime. The only problem is when you make a smudge on the guitar, don't panic, just use cloth or your t-shirt to clean it. It took me a couple of hours to figure it out.

Like I said my guitar was brand new and if you looking for or buying a guitar go to Guitar Center because this is the best music store. When I buy my guitars, I always test it with every amp and with all the controls on the guitar to make sure it functions properly. My guitar was the shiniest guitar hanging up there.

I have the gloss black 2004 model made in Korea. It has twin humbuckers, 24 jumbo frets and a maple neck which feels really fast and the body is basswood which is not too heavy. The body is a Strat style with Tom string-thru-body. The controls are simple: 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way selecter. It has grover tuners. It would be really good if it had a floyd-rose but it's good enough. When I bought this guitar it was new out of a box and just had been hung up.