Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Sound can be very heavy solid for soloing and fat rich sounds for powerchords and wut not. The clean tone is pretty good, has nice tone selection for clean. The distortion will sound really good though, better than clean tone I think. It sounds right on. I however plan on putting some EMGs in it though so I can get the perfect tone I want. But out of the store that guitar sounds awsome. It has almost no static when you play in front of a computer and stuff like that. It's awesome.

I give it an A- because of the bridge mess up and only being one tone nob. I already pretty much told you everything I could about it. I would buy it because it's really good for its price. Really good! If you go from a Strat to this guitar, you will be very very pleased. And my Strat cost 20 bucks less than this guitar.

This guitar is solid and durable. However due to my own stupidity I managed to put a chip in the body already. I set it down to hard on my stand and it put a pretty decent size knot in the body. So don't make that mistake. But if you drop it on the carpet, it'll be fine. The neck feels solid and the strap buttons are really good too. It's durable and I havn't had any mechanical problems yet either.

Yeah, except for the string and bridge thing I mentioned this thing plays great. Really good feel to it. Not heavy at all I think. I love how comfortable it is and how easy to play it is.

Well I got the new Omen 6 (the brown wood finish one) and I'm really happy with it. A large upgrade from my Fender Strat. It has 24 frets which play real good except when I bought the guitar I had to raise the bridge because a couple strings would hit the fret and rattle on the first fret. There's a lot of details I don't know but heres the good info I can give you. It's solid body and the strings go through the body so it wont come out of tune unless you mess with the tuning pegs. It has a body style like a Strat. It has one volume nob and one tone nob, and a 3-way pickup selector. I give it a 4 because I had to tweak on the bridge and almost had to buy a bigger nut so the strings were even on the fret board.