Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

The sound was really the buying point for me on this guitar. I play both jazz and punk rock, so I needed a guitar that had a nice clean channel and a nice disortion channel. The neck pickup gives the clean tone a very good punch thats great for the rythim parts needed for jazz, and the overdrive has a great sound on either of the other two pickup settings. Of course, with humbuckers, the sound isn't going to be very bright, but the sound is very deep and sounds great with both channels. An easy ten in this department.

As I said, I play punk rock and jazz. It's a great match for both of the genres. I have been playing guitar for over 6 years, and this is the best guitar I've ever owned. I usually play this on my Marshall MG100DFX, but if I go anywhere with it, I use my Squier Sidekick 10 watt. It sounds great on both. Now for the question that everyone on UG puts in their reviews, yes I would buy it again if I lost or stole it (as long as I had money). I almost bought a Squier Double Fat Strat, but the salesman showed me this guitar and I was amazed. The only thing I kinda of wish it had was a wammy bar, but I can do without that. Overall, this is an excellent guitar for everyone at every stage of their careers.

So far, this is a very reliable guitar. I have only had it for a week, so I haven't done much but practice in my basement and jam with my friends yesterday. It hasn't quit on me yet. I would definitly play a gig with it once my band gets to that stage. In December my jazz band at school should have a gig, so I will let you know if it it withstands (I bet it will).

I think the guitar was set up very well at the factory very well. I was looking for a guitar that I didn't have to do much with when I bought it. I wanted to just plug in and play. Thats all that I had to do. The neck is very fast which makes for very easy soloing. The only thing that I was a little worried about was that the pickups (mainly the neck one) were wiggling in the guitar a little bit. I was informed not to worry though.

My new Omen 6 was made in America in 2004 (not sure on the year). It has 24 frets and the neck is made of rosewood. It has a really shiny black finish which looks great. It has a nice agathis style bofy, which makes it very easy play. It is a little heavy, but its still very comfortable to play. It has two very nice Duncan Humbuckers which sound great soming out of my Marshall MG100. There is one knob for volume and one knob for bass/treble. There's also a 3 way pickup control (neck, both, and bridge). I sort of wish there was a wammy bar, but I can do without that.