Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: Won from Avenged Sevenfold Contest

I play lots of metal and punk so this guitar suits it very well. It works perfect for Avenged Sevenfold. I use a older Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 amp from 1989, a Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Dunlop Wah Pedal in my set-up. On the bridge pickup, it has a very nice crunchy sound, which is very good for metal. The middle position has a mixed sort of sound, almost like having the tone control set in the middle. The Neck pick-up has a very muddy sound too it, which would be good for solos. You can get a lot of sounds out of this guitar. Though it works the best with metal, the clean is good for Jazz or other stuff. The main sounds you would use this for would be rock or metal.

I play mostly punk and metal and this suits it perfect. I have been playing for 2 and a half years so far. I own a Yamaha starter guitar, which was surprisingly good for a starter. I also have a Yamaha practice amp and a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 amp. Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Dunlop Wah Pedal. I didn't have a choice of what guitar I would be recieving from the contest but I am fine with this one. If This guitar was lost or stolen, I would definetly replace it very quickly with another quality Schecter Product. I love everything about the guitar, it is amazing. I really like the way the body is shaped. I only wish it had come with a case. This is a very good guitar and I recommend it to everyone.

This guitar could withstand playing live. The tuners don't slip and it is very durable. The hardware is very nice and it will last for a very long time. The strap buttons are very good. My strap hasn't fallen off once, on my other guitar it slips off every so often. I could definetly depend on this guitar to last me a gig, it was built to last. The finish is very nice and it would need to take a beating for the finish to wear off.

The factory set-up was very good. I have absolutley no problems with it and I don't think it needs any adjustments. The Action was set up good enough that there was no fretbuzz. The pick-ups were rather low than what I normally play but they still sound fine so I am just leaving them for now. The bridge was perfectly routed. It was properly bookmatched. I only one single problem with it. The Tone control was fitted crooked, so I took it off to fix and I can't get it to sit straight, but its nothing that ruins the guitar.

This is a 2006 Schecter Omen 6. It was made in China. It has a 24 jumbo frets, a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. It has a very nice shiny black finish. The body is made out of Basswood, and it slightly heavier than other guitars I have played. It has a Strat body style. It uses a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a string-thru body. It has Duncan Design passive pickups. It has 2 chrome controls for volume and tone and a 3-way Switch for the 2 pickups. It has 2 humbuckers. It has Grover tuners, and came with a cable and a wrench for the truss rod.