Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

I play classic rock and blues and with the Gibson pickups it sounds perfect for what I play. I use a Jimi Hendrix wah/fuz, a TS9 Tube Screemer, and a DigiTech Hot Rod Distortion, all through a 30w 1X12 Ibanez Trubador acoustic amp with spring reverb and chorous. The sound is actually pretty ajustable, it can be very bright and very dark and is super full. It is pretty quiet stock and completely quiet with the Gibson pickups. I'm very big on noise like sounds and it can make some cool sounds. It could be used for most rock and blues.

This guitar would be good for intermediate level players and advanced players. If it were stolen I would buy another one immediately. I love the neck on it, it is very smooth and doesn't impeade my playing at all. I don't like how it only has one tone and one volume control for 2 humpuckers but it still has a pretty good sound and tone.

This guitar is very solid and id bet it will last for a long time. The strap buttions are especially solid, nice and big so they won't slip off. The hardware will problably last a long time if you keep it clean and polished.

The guitar was set up perfect from the factory. The pickups were a little low for my likeing but that's an easy ajustment. There weren't any flaws that I could see and after a year I still dont see anything but pick scraches because it doesn't have a pickguard.

This guitar has 24 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard and a maple neck. The body is basswood with a string thru tail piece wich gives pretty good sustain and tuneing stability. It has a electric blue finish that changes color depending on the light you are in. The body is very Strat like, the cutaway is nice and big. It also has an angle to the neck plate so you can get to all of the frets. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic so you can get your intonation perfect. It has grover tuners and stays in tune very well. It came with 2 diomond design humbuckers but they didn't really have the tone I was looking for so I put in 2 Gibson burstbuckers, they sound very good and take atvantage of all of the tone makeing parts of this guitar. It also has 3-way pickup swiching with 1 volume and 1 tone.

sempri_fi
    they have floating wammy bars you could adapt for a schecter. they are normally on les pauls or strats and the best part is you dont have to cut into the guitars body at all